cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS4 not finding hub

Montgomery6
Tuning in

Both my PS4's can't find out hub , this has only happened since the virgin outage, everything else is connecing fine , it's only both PS4's which are affected most annoying thing is just got 12 months PSN membership for my daughter and she can't use it now , any ideas I've restarted the hub but hasn't changed anything 

6 REPLIES 6

carl_pearce
Community elder

@Montgomery6 wrote:

Both my PS4's can't find out hub , this has only happened since the virgin outage, everything else is connecing fine , it's only both PS4's which are affected most annoying thing is just got 12 months PSN membership for my daughter and she can't use it now , any ideas I've restarted the hub but hasn't changed anything 

Have you, or an engineer, previously split your wireless name into two?

Sometimes VM can reset wireless settings which would revert back to defaults, so only one wireless name would be present, which the PS4s may not be compatible with.

Both are wireless , and as I've said both were connecting , up until around 4 days ago , both can't find our Hub , so I can't get them to connect

@Montgomery6 wrote:

Both are wireless , and as I've said both were connecting , up until around 4 days ago , both can't find our Hub , so I can't get them to connect

As I said previously your wireless may have been split into two names, one for 5Ghz and one for 2.4Ghz.

If the split has been 'lost' the devices that are only compatible with 2.4Ghz may not be able to 'see' the network.

What network name are the PS4s looking for?

It should be VMXXXXXXX (X's being a unique numeric value).

If it's any different like VMXXXXXXX2G or VMXXXXXXX_2G then it will have been manually changed in the HUB settings at some point.

Another thing to check is 2.4Ghz may have been turned off.

Access your HUB on 192.168.0.1 and check if 2.4Ghz is enabled:

All good now just done a total reset , and that's done the trick , cheers 

Great to hear so @Montgomery6

Have a great day

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs