Menu
Deanpizzala
Tuning in
Message 11 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 low upload speed

Ok so it seems to have worked 🙂 I now get 3.3mbps instead of less than 1! Thanks for the help I appreciate it!

0 Kudos
pavmas
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Ok did this and will restart the box after Man U v Arsenal and after Battlefield tonight will post here how it worked. I never had a problem for 8 years with Virgin but all BB went out in the Midlands the other day and since it came on terrible, but not TV of football or youtube, netflix prime etc just the PS4 and its not the ps4 as tried ps4 and pro both and still the same, but the PSN has been lagging for a few weeks so it might be sony
0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 13 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I am always getting around 7Mb to 10Mb UP on PSN on Wifi 5GHz.

But then again I am in modem mode with my own router.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Parks84
Tuning in
Message 14 of 20
Flag for a moderator

What was the upshot of changing the MTU to 1450?

0 Kudos
Deanpizzala
Tuning in
Message 15 of 20
Flag for a moderator

It increased the upload speed for me 🙂 seems to be more accurate now

0 Kudos
hkem
Tuning in
Message 16 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Bingo..you are a star. I moved rom BT to Virgin this week as they could give more than 2.5Mbps Upload.

Then I saw Upload with Virgin from PS4 of 300 to 400Kbps..no good for game sharing.

Changed MTU's etc as recommended to 1450..Upload now 3.5Mbps (not the 6Mbps I see on speed test), but OK for now.

I'll have a tinker with different MTU settings to find my optimum.

Many thanks for your solution

H

0 Kudos
hkem
Tuning in
Message 17 of 20
Flag for a moderator

After changing MTU etc, it worked for a day, then back to 250kbps upload

rewired everything (got rid of older Netgear ethernet extenders), just running 1 TPlink extender to PS4.

Everything looked rosy for about 4 hours.

I've got an ASUS secondary hub at same location as PS4. This hub got accidently turned off, then after restting it upload speed back to 200kbps. Download fine at 80Mbps.

I know there is an issue with starting things up in correct order, so will try turning everything off. Then restart ASUS hub. Once complete, retart VM Hb3 and see how that goes.

If not..next stop Modem mode on Hub3 and abandon hub 3 wifi.

There's definitely interrupt and lag issues with VM Hub 3, that many forums refer to.

Seems to me that my shiny new Hub3 is a pile of junk! 🙂

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon hkem,

Thanks for the update on your services.

If you need any assistance from either myself or my colleagues on your broadband issues, do please drop us a response and we'll be able to contact you via our PM service.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
hkem
Tuning in
Message 19 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Well..here we go again.

There is an incompatibility problem between PS4 network card and VM hub 3. Various solutions fix for a while. PS4 internet speed checker is notoriously inaccurate. But it's interrupts on upload that cause lag and dropouts.

Good news..PS5 next year (more money 😞  )

Anyway.."at the moment" this is working for me:::::

Set VM HUB 3 to modem mode. Then buy Netgear Nighthawk Router, and put on port 1 of VM hub ( I got the X4S AC2600 .. Amazon £129)

Run the auto setup on Netgear, Reset VM hub and Netgear router, then connect ALL devices via the Netgear hub. The PS4 works far better on wifi (still seeing 250 odd kbps upload on lan connection)..but 40Mbps down and 4Mbps up on wifi connection..which is more than enough for gaming and upload streaming

And brilliant wifi all over the house (across 3 floor and lots of walls)

I wonder what it will be like tomorrow 😞

I only moved from BT to Virgin to make my daughter's gaming better..been a blooming nightmare!!

H

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Sorry you've found optimizing the setup for gaming on your PS4 to be so difficult hkem, but I'm glad things appear to be better for now.

If you encounter any further issues please make sure to let us know.

Tom 

0 Kudos