Menu
beanie71
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

PS4 lagging on fortnite online game

Had problems on this particular game for months. It can take up to an hour to log in and when playing it lags often. No other games have this problem. I contacted epic game support and they suggested static ip address for PS4 - done. They also suggested port forwarding which is also done, and we purchased a TP link powerline adaptor kit which is brilliant for all other games on PS4. The final email suggested I contact VM and check that my Ip address has no issues connecting to the following:

(EU) 52.58.171.172

(EU) 130.211.73.167

(EU 146.148.11.96

(EU) 52.28.126.110

Second line support could not check this so suggested that I post here to see if anyone has any ideas? I'm no expert and the game is played by my 12 year old son. He is almost throwing the console out of the window with frustration as he always gets shot when it's lagging. If anyone can help it will save WW3 from breaking out!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: PS4 lagging on fortnite online game

Really sorry to hear about this beanie71,

We only provide dynamic IP's, however, you can of course, reserve your allocated device IP address and open specificed ports for this.

If you'd like for me to take a look at things from this end for you, I can certainly do so. Smiley Happy To allow me to, could you respond via private message with the following information?:

• Please can you confirm your name and if you are the account holder?
  • Home address

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me beanie71,

I've had a look at things from this end for you and your equipment levels, etc., all appear to be within range at the moment.

What are you currently using to test your connection speed? We recommend using SpeedTest.Net.

Also, it may be worth trying to enable the DMZ for the specified device IP. This way there shouldn't be any restrictions with regards to any ports being blocked.

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
dawoodk786
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

can you help me..........

I think Virgin should have replaced my wireless router by now. I have had it for many years I'm sure it's been well over 5 years. I have the VMDG480. In my opinion it is obsolete and extremely under powered. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi dawoodk786,

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your connection. 

I have just popped a reply to you on another thread. 

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/PS4-Fortnite-LAG/m-p/3686188#M41572

Please try to keep your questions in one thread, as it can make it difficult for us to keep track if there are multiple threads on the go. 

Many thanks

Emmka

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos