Menu
Climhazzard
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

PS4 lag wired connection

Hey

I've had loads of issues with lag on my ps4, happens mostly in the evenings when my kids are on other p4s in the house I will try play a game like fornite or destiny 2 and it's impossible for example in destiny trying to raid is impossible my comms will lag in party chat so nobody understands me then trying to control your character is near impossible just starts spinning around. Is there something I can do to fix this? 

0 Kudos
tonycv51
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 lag wired connection

What router / hub do you have, what virgin connection speed, how many ps4s and how are they connected eg wired, WiFi, powerline etc.

I assume with multiple ps4s in one home network you don't have any port forwarding set

Climhazzard
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub3 vivid 350, 2 ps4s upstairs wireless and mines wired downstairs, not set anything on the router 

0 Kudos
tonycv51
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Could be several things....possibly including the Hub doesn't have the horsepower to do upnp on 3 active game consoles. To eliminate some more obvious potential issues:-

- can you post your power levels and firmware version

- ideally also setup a BQM, run for 24 hours and post here (minus IP address) - you need to change the router to respond to ping requests

- also have you changed the WiFi settings on the hub as per threads on here ie disable  WiFi optimisation and set channel manually (ideally do a scan of channels on a phone or laptop first to pick the  best one) .  Split the 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi to separate SSID names and connect the wireless ps4's to appropriate one  ie slim or pro try 5ghz first

Hope this helps 

Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Climhazzard,

Thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your connection.

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. It may help to try the following so we can rule some things out:

Pop the hub into Modem Mode with the computer in Safe Mode with Networking at different times of the day.

Try on separate devices.

Check Ethernet cable. Make sure it is new / up to date. (Cat 5e or above).

Make sure device is capable of agreed speed.

Check wireless card slide.

Take care.

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos