Menu
dagill0
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

PS4 connection issues

Hello, I purchased a new  PS4 a few weeks ago and have been having trouble with my connection when playing online games.

I only have 2 games I play online, Battlefield V and Gang Beasts. The games start up fine and I can connect to their online modes perfectly fine, however after about 10-20 minutes if I'm lucky I lose connection to the games servers and it won't reconnect. 

My dad has a Xbox 1 downstairs playing Battlefield 5 and he has no problems at all or on any of the online games he plays. The issue has only arisen with the PS4. 

We have a Super hub 2 if it helps. We've had it for a while and have never seemed to have any problems either on the Xbox or PC.

0 Kudos
Larkum
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 connection issues

Hay, 

Not trying to step on the toes of the Admin team I thought I’d give my thoughts, and maybe rule out a couple of things for the Admin team for when they get to your post.

It sounds like your connection speeds are dropping too low, this can be caused by a few different factors, without going into too much details, I’d like to add the I maybe completely wrong and Admin have more resources to check at what’s going on.

Are you connected to your HUB 2 via a WiFi or cable connection?

Im assuming but please correct if wrong, that your Hub is in the same room as your dads XBox?

Couple of things to try;

Sometimes it’s the games servers which are the issue, they use different server per game and console type, try a different game online to see if it’s there servers that are having the issues. 

Using your phone or computer in your room do a speed test. Your dad could use the Virgin connect App on the broadband tab or you can use a service such as Speedtest.net, then do the same but in the room with your Hub.

You could also try putting your PS4 in the same room as your dads XBox and see if you still have issues. 

Do you have a lot of devices on your home network? Sometimes when we have too much sucking on the network resources the router (Hub) will try and spread the load evenly and spread too thinly and effect game play.

My final thought is try and connect your PS4 directly to your Hub via a network cable to see if that helps the issue.

Regards

Rich

VIVID 200, Joined VM in November 18 with a Black Friday deal.
Mesh Network - (HUB3.0 in Modem mode)
iOS Devloper.
Humble NoBody who tries to share his knowledge and can’t always get in right as don’t have the almighty powers and knowledge of the Admin, but if I can help I will try my best, but please do note it maybe wrong.
0 Kudos
dagill0
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 connection issues

Hello, sorry for the delay in the response, the notification email was lost in the clutter of my shamefully untidy Hotmail account!

Thanks for the suggestions, it is connected via WiFi, and the hub is pretty much directly below my room in the dining room, every device I bring I to my room has a full connection, including the Xbox.

As for the issue of too many devices, the addition of the PS4 hasn't actually increased the amount of use or strain on the hub, before I got the PS4 we would have all of our devices connected with no issues whatsoever, now one of the devices (my gaming PC) isn't currently being used as I have the PS4 connected instead but it's only the PS4 that is having trouble. 

0 Kudos