Menu
deffstar72
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

PS3 shows error when testing speed

My son has a PS3 in the front bedroom and used to be able to play online when we had Sky.

However, we've got a WiFi extender in the upstairs hallway, next up his bedroom, and it still won't connect properly.

My eldest has a PS3 in his bedroom, which is above the main router and has no problems.

We've swapped then to make sure the PS3 isn't faulty and they're both fine if they're in the bedroom above.

Thanks in advance for any help.

We've got the Hub 3 and on 100 Megs internet

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS3 shows error when testing speed

Welcome to VM.

The SH3 (its not super at all), is useless for gaming FULL STOP. PS3 only runs on 2.4GHz range.

I used to game on a PS3, now got a PS4 Pro, but I use my own router, and have the SH3 in Modem mode. This works great for me.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi deffstar72,

Thanks for getting in touch I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your connection. Looking at it the general connection looks ok. 

It may be worth separating wifi modes 2.4 and 5ghz

Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1

Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.

Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security

Under Wireless Frequency 2.4GHz change the Wifi Network Name (SSID) and the Wifi password (network key).

Repeat for the Wireless Frequency 5GHz and click on Apply changes.

Keep us posted. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
deffstar72
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The engineer did this at the very start, after a few days, and this caused nowm problems and he couldn't resolve them so told me to reset it again, which took 40 minutes, so I'm going to leave it as it is because I'll be leaving in July anyway.

Thanks for your reply though.

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ty_S
Moderator (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi deffstar72

I'm really sorry to hear that. I'd recommend connecting the PS3 via ethernet so see if that improves the performance as there are many factors that will affect wireless connection. 

Kind regards 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
deffstar72
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It seems to be okay at the moment but we never had any issues at all when I was with Sky.

Due to the fact that the item wasn't supplied free like the ombudsmen instructed you to do so and that I've been lied to so many times, I'll not be with you when my year has finished, that's for certain!

0 Kudos