cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online gaming unplayable

Ginnaaah
Tuning in

I have a Superhub 4 which was running a wired connection to my PS4. Consistently got lag, packet loss, "rubber banding" whilst playing online on Warzone, Rocket League etc.

Superhub 4 was then running a wired connection to my PS5. Consistently got lag, packet loss, "rubber banding" whilst playing online on Warzone, Rocket League etc.

Read a lot on the forums regards poor Superhub 4 so have put this in to modem mode and invested in a decent router. 

Superhub 4 is now running modem mode into my router and PS5 is wired in to this. Still consistently getting lag, packet loss, "rubber banding" whilst playing online on Warzone, Rocket League, The Forest etc.

I have signed up for BQM which shows sporadic lag spikes over almost every day and have provided a sample below : 

14 REPLIES 14

Colinwm86
On our wavelength

Going to follow this thread because I’m having the same issues from Sunday.  My bqm shows there’s a problem but virgins saying there isn’t complete pain.  

Put hub in modem mode with your PS5 and see how it is.

---------------------------------------------------------------

gurpswu
Dialled in

Your PS5 should be wired into the 3rd party router.

Shaf11
On our wavelength

Good Luck finding a solution for this, my BQM looks very similar to yours, haven't found a solution for over 8 months now, what upload speed do you see when doing connection test on the PS4? check my thread 

Already part of the post but thanks.

"Superhub 4 is now running modem mode into my router and PS5 is wired in to this. Still consistently getting lag, packet loss, "rubber banding" whilst playing online on Warzone, Rocket League, The Forest etc."

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Ginnaaah,thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your connection. I wasn't able to look further into this using your forum detail alone on this occasion. Please look out for my PM (the purple envelope) and we'll go through some checks from here.

Tom 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to me @Ginnaaah. After identifying some issues with the hub's power levels I've scheduled a visit from an engineer. You will find confirmation of the appointment via (virg.in/myVM) and can reschedule from there if needed.

Please keep us updated with how that goes, or let us know if we can help with anything else.

Tom 

aphex187
On our wavelength

Having exactly the same problems on multiple games with 3 gaming PCs hardwired into the Hub 4. Problems with rubber banding and Discord lagging are the main points of concern. Also, Wi-Fi problems for my Nvidia Shield and TV when watching shows, etc and I am also using one of the new hexagon pods to try and alleviate the problem but it still persists from time to time.

**edit forgot to say that I didn't really see any problems with gaming lag with the Hub 3 only really bad connections for the phones we use over wifi (still have the hub 3 btw).

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Aphex187, 

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear you are having similar issues, I have located your account and everything looks fine, it advises your 5ghz wifi frequency is busy. 

If you could set up a BQM and monitor any dropouts you can do so here.

Please keep us posted on this.

Zoie