cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia shield game stream connection keeps dropping since upgrade to Hub 5

mamite
Tuning in

I recently upgraded to the Virgin Hub 5. I have it set up in Modem mode with a NETGEAR R6400 as the router.

I have both my PC and the Shield Pro wired to the Netgear.

With the previous Hub 3 this set up worked flawlessly. However now every 5-10 minutes when I'm streaming games from my PC to my Shield I get the following error pop up.index.jpg

After getting the error I'm immediately able to go back into the game and carry on so it seems it's just a momentary issue.

I'm struggling to see how changing to the Hub 5 would have caused this to start happening given that it's just a modem and the streaming is happening on the LAN. Perhaps a driver update on my PC or software update on the Shield is the actual culprit and the timing was just coincidental?

I'm just at a loss as to what to try to resolve it and wondered if anyone else has seen the same issue.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

carl_pearce
Community elder

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When I installed the Hub 5 my power levels all increased by +4, so your power levels may be out of range?

Post your power levels and network log for comment.  Also setup a BQM here  www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yeah 😕 everything is fully up to date.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
On the hub 5 are you able to connect your router to one of the 1Gb ports? maybe the 2.5Gb port has problem running at 1Gb?
---------------------------------------------------------------

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@legacy1 wrote:
On the hub 5 are you able to connect your router to one of the 1Gb ports? maybe the 2.5Gb port has problem running at 1Gb?

@legacy1   I can confirm my Hub 5 (modem mode 🙂 ) is working fine with the 2.5Gb connected at 1Gb.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mamite, thanks for your post although I'm sorry you're having connectivity issues.

This one is quite tricky, due to the fact you are connected to a 3rd party router which is something we don't support unfortunately.

Are you able to confirm if you have these issues when connected directly to your Hub 5 perhaps, via ethernet cable and possibly when it's got router mode enabled?

Many thanks

Tom_W

mamite
Tuning in

So this problem seems to have gone away. The only fix I made was to upgrade my video card drivers from 511.23 to 511.65.