Menu
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 31 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nintendo Switch NAT Type F - Superhub 2ac

Maybe the NAT test can't tell between a good NAT and bad NAT.

0 Kudos
chrisandrews87
On our wavelength
Message 32 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Who knows! I guess i should have tried using it sooner, alas... Time to get schooled by some Smash players! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
VMCopperUser
Problem sorter
Message 33 of 35
Flag for a moderator

@legacy1 wrote:
Maybe the NAT test can't tell between a good NAT and bad NAT.

It's a bit worse than that.

It changes NAT type based on the link status.  So two non-related things change how something is "named".  Nintendo have really bad advice on this and I honestly can see that their own hardware will probably be just as badly designed as their help pages.

OP seems to have it working now, just ignoring the warnings as they seem to warn about a non-issue and do it incorrectly.

There seems to be A, B, C, D, F NAT types.

What is worse is that none of the support pages (that I could find in the past at least) gave any real info on what each NAT type was or was not.  The test that it runs to check for NAT type could be wrong too, much like Microsoft and Android are often confused about connected with or without internet. 

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.

I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
0 Kudos
DreamOfCheese
Fibre optic
Message 34 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Yep, I took a look some time back and they don't appear to have any break down of what each NAT type in their test actually stands for.

If that wasn't bad enough it seems NAT type A can only be obtained if you have an ethernet adapter connected to the Switch and are using wired ethernet, wireless will never go beyond B. It's such a convoluted test.
0 Kudos
chrisandrews87
On our wavelength
Message 35 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Yea! I would try and just play online when you make any network changes... chances are it just works with no explanation! I have never experienced NAT issues since the 360 came out and that was when I was trying to bridge my network connection with my PC wireless card (didn’t want to buy the Xbox wireless adapter!).

This stuff should just work!

0 Kudos