Menu
Mogsy67
Tuning in
Message 11 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nintendo Switch NAT Type F - Superhub 2ac

Suffering the same issue mate. 

Speaking to Virgin is a hassle who just try and pass you off to an external support team who try to charge you for their help. 

As mentioned by another user, It's best telling them it is a faulty router which seems to be an issue. 

Now I just need to try and get that through to them. 

jemima50
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Any luck with this? I had no issues playing Splatoon 2 or Mario Kart online before. I played a few games of Smash Bros on the night it released and it also worked fine. My Virgin TV was screwed so an engineer came out to fix it and ever since then my Switch has had NAT type F and can't play anything online!?

What the hell did the engineer to to my superhub to screw this up?

I have tried port forwarding and setting a DMZ and I'm still getting NAT type F.

0 Kudos
VMCopperUser
Trouble shooter
Message 13 of 35
Flag for a moderator

@Adduxi wrote:

@VMCopperUser wrote:

<SNIP As long as your not in the IPv6 Trial, or Northern Ireland, then UPnP/UPnP should be all that's needed.<snip>

I'm curious why UPnP would not work in Northern Ireland ?  Is this a legacy hangover from NTL ?

I am fairly sure NI has had IPv6 rollout with CGNAT as the solution.  Quick test would be if any IPv6 sites work, if so then CGNAT is the problem here.

So IPv4 going Forwarding is not going to work any longer sadly.  It's probably worth going to boards.ie and asking for help there as I think the staff can move you back to a IPv4 ONLY connection (No IPv6) where port forwarding still works.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
0 Kudos
DreamOfCheese
Rising star
Message 14 of 35
Flag for a moderator

I think you might be referring to Virgin Media Ireland which operate in the Republic of Ireland; Northern Ireland is still serviced by Virgin Media so won't get the IPv6 rollout until the rest of the UK does.
0 Kudos
finhind
Joining in
Message 15 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately no luck, this is really annoying

0 Kudos
jmullin
Tuning in
Message 16 of 35
Flag for a moderator

I can confirm that installing a new Superhub 3 solved the problem. Since installing I have had no issues connecting to Switch games online.

Thanks for all who participated above, hope the others that have not yet resolved the issue follow this advise and call virgin to get a new hub sent out (for free if you push them).

chrisandrews87
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Suffering the same issue. Only noticed when i tried to set up a game in Smash and i was getting endless connection issues. Upon inspecting i am getting the NAT Type F.

Opening up all ports is bad advice and i hope i don't have to run around in circles getting the replacement. Is it a phone call to Virgin or can you arrange the replacement through their online chat?

jemima50
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 35
Flag for a moderator

"Is it a phone call to Virgin or can you arrange the replacement through their online chat?"

I would also like to know this.

0 Kudos
jmullin
Tuning in
Message 19 of 35
Flag for a moderator

I called them. Have not tried their online chat, not sure how far you can get. But a phone call telling them you will change providers unless a new router is sent FOC will quickly get you sorted, which you have good reason to threaten considering I have seen no other ISPs with this NAT issue for Switch. 

0 Kudos
chrisandrews87
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks. I will try later. Will update with the outcome.