cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Xbox S keeps crashing

PB230
Joining in

Hi,

Can anyone help?  We got my son an Xbox series S for Christmas but we cannot get it to work.  Every time it crashes out of online multiplayer games (Fortnight/ SW Battlefront/ FIFA22 etc).  Sometimes it goes back to home and sometimes locks completely.  We still have an old Xbox one which is much slower but does not have any issues at all.  I have tried both Wi-Fi and Ethernet connections.  Hard restart of consol and router.  Disconnected all but 5 devices from the broadband.  Even resetting the Xbox and starting again.  My package is M100 but all tests on the Xbox confirm speed and connection are fine.

Any advise is welcome.

Cheers,

Paul

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PB230 wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone help?  We got my son an Xbox series S for Christmas but we cannot get it to work.  Every time it crashes out of online multiplayer games <snip>  Paul

What Hub are you using?  Also stick with a cabled connection, Cat 5e or Cat 6a.

You will need to post your power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and Network log from the Hub.  Browse to 192.168.0.1 and go to Router Status for all the information.  Post this in several posts and do not use screenshots please, just copy and paste the text.

Also setup a BQM to monitor your incoming circuit,  www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi,

Microsoft has advised this is unlikely to be an internet issue and will replace the consol.  If the new one has similar issues I will let you know.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi @PB230

Thanks for the reply!

Please keep us updated with how you get on with the new console. 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs