cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network disconnect on PS5 Fifa 22

JAM66
Joining in

Hi I am frequently getting disconnected from the EA servers when I play the squad battles game mode on fifa 22 (PS5 digital)

This only happens in this game mode and I suspect it is an issue with the EA servers but is it possible anyone could help me check everything is running OK my end? I have no other issues with Internet connection or any problems with other games. 

5 REPLIES 5

Dominatez
Superfast

Are you using wireless connection to the PS5 ?
Try hooking it with an Ethernet cable and playing for a while to see if the disconnects continue.
Could also be as simple as too many people playing it at the time you are, and EA's servers not being able to take the weight.
I used to use the PS5 on WiFI and stopped, because of the disconnections.
Try rebooting the router daily to clear out the cache, and it works a little better until it fills up again.

Unfortunately with Virgin Media, they have way more subscribers on nodes than they should have and it ends up over utilised, so you will see droputs, speed drops, disconnections, especially at peak times.
IE - 4pm (Kids home from School) till about 10pm (People watching netflix and playing consoles and pc's and downloading etc) Think of you as a golf ball and Virgin Medias connection as a hosepipe. That's how it is for at least 60% of the subscribers.

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JAM66,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing disconnections when gaming. We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help.

Have you tried the great advice given by @JAM66? Did this help?

I have had a look backend and I can see you may be having issues with your downstream power levels. For this reason, I have sent you a private message. Please lookout for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi yes thanks I've responded to your PM. 

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

No problem at all @JAM66.

In this case, our engineers would do their best to help regarding this. Please let us know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help after.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi JAM66 thanks for getting back to us.

I can see that you have liaised with my colleague via private message.  I will leave you in their capable hands.

Regards

Lee_R