Menu
leet8845
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My Xbox One disconnects from games but not Xbox live

I had this issue with my Xbox One, I have just upgraded to a 'X' and still get the same issue. My Xbox is wired to the router (superhub). I have a static IP set for the Xbox so the NAT is open but this issue happens even when I try WIFI instead.

I only play 2 games, Forza 7 and UFC 3, both of them keep randomly disconnecting from the server, EA (UFC 3) says 'connection to EA servers lost' but I never lose connection to Xbox Live itself. If I'm racing on Forza 7 and in a chat party with my brother, I never lose connection to the chat but I will get kicked out the game due to 'connection lost'.

I've looked eveywhere for a solution but people normally lose the connection to Xbox Live totally, not just the game so I'm not sure what to do. Just to add, I play PC games online and use my laptop and never get any disconnection issues, it only happens to my Xbox.

Please can you help? 

0 Kudos
leet8845
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Xbox One disconnects from games but not Xbox live

Just to add, I tried playing via my mobile hotspot for 2 nights now (also Virgin) and it has not disconnected at all so the issue is with the broadband, when I play with this, I'm disconnecting at least once per hour.

0 Kudos
leet8845
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I also called Virgin today and the guy said he had changed some settings on my modem so it would no longer disconnect and would be faster, although it wasn't the speed that was an issue. I don't think he understood my issue, he didn't know what Xbox Live was and didn't have great english so it was hard to explain to him.

I just tried again and was soon disconnected from a game. The Xbox live connection was not lost, just to the game servers, if I run the same game on my mobile hotspot, I don't get disconnected so the issue is with my broadband service. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi leet8845, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and everything seems to be ok from this side. 

It may be worth trying some of the following so we can rule some things out. I can see you have already tried a different connection and that is good to see as it helps us diagnose. 

• Try wired, with the Hub in Modem Mode and Safe Mode with Networking at different times of the day.
  • Try on separate devices.
  • Check Ethernet cable. Make sure it is new / up to date. (Cat 5e or above).

Let us know how you get on. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

leet8845
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma, 

Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried running the hub in Modem mode and it worked ok for the few hours I tested it.

I have purchased a TP Link router to see if this would solve it. I'm currently testing it and will update the post with how does.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
leet8845
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I think the TP link router has solved it after 2 nights of gaming disconnection free. It did cost me £34.99 so you're welcome to reimburse me if you want Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi leet8845, 

Many thanks for getting back in touch, sounds like things are looking up.

Sadly I am unable to reimburse you the TP link router but it is great to see things are improved Smiley Happy

If you do need any additional help in the future we will always be more than happy to take a look for you. 

Take care. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide