Menu
Redrushton
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My Xbox 1 Disconnects intermittently form xbox live

Hello all, 

I've been playing COD WW11 online now for awhile with no problems at all. Then tonight after playing the first game it kicked me out with and error message saying i must have and active connection to go online. firstly I thought it was the servers with Microsoft /Sledgehammer, but checked there status lights and all is green and good. Tried another game (FIFA) and the same happened. checked the Xbox connection and its running at 95Mbps and the NAT type is open. changed connection and hardwired to Router (VM 3.0 hub), still same problem occurs. reset all hardware and still to know avail. I'm stuck with the Xbox constantly dropping its network. please some one help?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Grumpy101
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My Xbox 1 Disconnects intermittently form xbox live

You may well have a line/SNR issue not related to the dreaded Hub3 but this 273 page thread on the ills of Hub3 is worth reading.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Hub-3-Compal-CH7465-LG-TG2492LG-and-CGNV4-Latency...

All Replies
Grumpy101
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You may well have a line/SNR issue not related to the dreaded Hub3 but this 273 page thread on the ills of Hub3 is worth reading.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Hub-3-Compal-CH7465-LG-TG2492LG-and-CGNV4-Latency...

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Redrushton

The line and hub parameters are looking good, the area data also. Are you using wireless to connect the Xbox, if so it may be worth trying wired Ethernet and see how that goes.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Grumpy101
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Nicola_C he has already stated he is hardwired

"changed connection and hardwired to Router (VM 3.0 hub)"

Redrushton
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, my original post says I've already hard-wired using and Ethernet cable in fact hard-wiring just exaggerates the problem. 

0 Kudos
Redrushton
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Having a read through the thread that you gave me seems the issues lies with the router, so the ISP's should be sorting this out. If they cant keep up to speed with the games and tech thats on today's market then there's a massive problem. Is there a new router available? Is VM Proactively looking in to this wide spread issue? 

0 Kudos