Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple packet loss and disconnections from playstation

Dapman
Tuning in

Screenshot_20210608_155320_com.ecosia.android~2.jpg

Hi, 

As I've seen from many similar posts I'm getting ridiculous packet loss throughout the day. I've attached a photo showing my data and I wasn't at home between 8am and 3.30pm. Not only is it a problem for leisure my job involves many video calls which I'm constantly disconnecting from. This problem is seriously bothering my work and leisure. Please look into this. I've reset everything my end. I'm quite competent when it comes to network set ups. As for hardware nothing has changed since I joined virgin media last year. 

Screenshot_20210608_155320_com.ecosia.android.jpg

41 REPLIES 41

Thanks Dapman, 

Once the device has been restarted, we will need to leave it until atleast tomorrow so we can get some stats. Once we have those we can look at referring this over to the Area Manager for them to look at further for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The router has been restarted. Please keep me updated 

Thanks Dapman, the connection looks to be within the spec and ranges we'd expect. Can you post an up to date BQM please?

Rob

You're telling me that a complete drop off of connection multiple times a day is within spec? Wow. 

I've shared the latest live graph below. If I kept switching off your water mid shower you'd be pretty annoyed by it.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/0e4655bd82ce62c769107b2bf9e821eb317f35f6

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am sorry for the issues caused @Dapman.

I have emailed the area field manager, when I have had a response I will let you know what steps we will be taking next to resolve your current dropouts.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

rusikev
Joining in

Packet loss can be fixed by updating hardware and software, ensure the cables are up to par, reduce RF interference, and check periodically to see if there are problems using software that’s designed to detect issues. Providers like Netfortis Networks have QoS metrics in their analytical data that will tell you if there has been a significant slowdown in network performance.

Quality of service issues is thankfully easy to diagnose and fix. When packet loss persists, the security of customer data will be at risk, call and conference quality will suffer, and file or data transfers will be slowed/interrupted. In VoIP, you really can’t afford to have poor sound quality when dealing with customer needs because it will damage a brand’s image.

It takes due diligence and watchfulness, so always:

• Check cables
  • Use wired connections
  • Reduce opposing radio signals and reduce obstructions that may interfere with Wi-Fi in the office

Hello? Can I get an update. Some sort of response? You're replying is becoming lax. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Dapman,

Thank you for getting back to us about this issue. I have been in contact with my colleague who has been in touch with the Area Field Manager.

They have not had a response yet, but have advised that they have chased up the team for you.

Apologies about the wait. We will get back to you within the next week to see if we have next steps outlined for you.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

A week, at what point is that supposed to be acceptable? This issued has been raised for weeks now and still no solution. Shall I just cancel my direct debit?