cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved to Virgin yesterday. 2% Packet Loss Apex Legends

addylone123
Tuning in

So this really sucks and it's made me upset.

I was with Sky broadband but I decided to upgrade to Virgin broadband yesterday, I've now got 210 Mbps upload and 30 download which is great, so it's been around 30 hours or so. But ever since I've done that I now have 2% packet loss on Apex Legends servers. I've attached a picture for reference: Packet Loss 

There's clearly an issue as I've then gone and replugged my Sky Router back in as I've still got it for another week and then 0% packet loss immediately.

What is causing this issue and how can I resolve it?

I've rebooted my router, I've changed ethernet wires, tested 5 different CAT5 Ethernet wires, I've tried WiFi over wired. Nothing works. Always 2% pack loss, which in a game as quick as Apex Legends is a deathtrap. You'll always feel like you're being cheated on.

I've been doing some research on the internet and it appears that a lot of people have/had the same issue. All you need to do is Google 'Virgin media apex legends 2% packet loss' and a bunch of posts pop up.

11 REPLIES 11

There have been repeated and sometimes long running problems with packet loss and latency between VM and EA servers before now.  As I recall, the problem was traffic routing, that was within the Liberty Global group (who own VM) but not directly within VM's control.  So getting anybody to take ownership and fix took months.

If you're still in your 14 day cooling off period and you know Sky's internet works you might want to consider whether to stay with VM before the cooling off door slams shut, and you're locked in for a further seventeen and a half months.

miLsTips
Joining in

I have had 3 years of lag and 2 percent packet loss on Apex legends. The delay looting shooting opening doors for me averages at quarter of second to half a second+ I have got used to it but can't play to my full potential. Sadly virgin is the only internet I can get on fibre so I can stream. So I am stuck, I play warzone with nearly no lag.

Go back to your other provider it won't change they don't care. Good luck and  Happy Christmas and New year.

[MOD EDIT: Thread locked as old]