Menu
Highlighted
Aivisons
Joining in
Message 11 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Massive packet loss...

Can that downstream be affected by dodgy cables or something ?

0 Kudos
Static
Fibre optic
Message 12 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Loose connections on your coaxial cable can have a negative effect on the signal, not saying that is the cause here, but have a quick check to make sure they are finger-tight within your property.

0 Kudos
Aivisons
Joining in
Message 13 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Well, everything was fine until i set up hub3, i had no problems before. I'm not sure if i can set up old hub just to testthe connection. It should work for couple hours until it crashes again.

Can someone explain me what do i see here in this diagram, the black area i suppose is what it should look like and on top red is the packet loss but why is everything go messy after 5am ?4321.png

I'm pretty happy i have virgin mobile sim with 40gb , at least i can play something coz it's more stable and won't dissconnect like my broadband. To watch something online i'm getting used to now with 5 second breaks :/

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 14 of 20
Flag for a moderator

you should be able to put the old hub back on but it will need activating - they can be a bit negative but explain the problem and hopefully they will do it - take it from there

the SH2 will only support upto 200 so if you upgraded to more than that at the hub change it might get complicated

ring retentions and hopefully you can get it sorted whilst on the phone

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre 

Tony
0 Kudos
Aivisons
Joining in
Message 15 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I'm siting on 50 since 2014, i'm happy with that coz i'm not doin crazy things, straming or whatever.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 16 of 20
Flag for a moderator

then give them a ring and get the SH2 back on - you say it dropped wifi - did you ever investigate that or was the quick answer change the hub - if the SH2 performs then its worth looking at the wifi - it may not have been the hub

and whilst you are on to retentions ask why they put you on a new contract - a hub swap if the original is/was faulty should not start a new contract and there should not have been a charge afaik

who set it all up - it has the ring of offshore

@ModTeam can someone [kaz?] confirm i am correct that swapping out a faulty hub should be free and not start a new contract - i may have that wrong in which case the info above needs correcting

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) John_GS
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 17 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Aivisons, 

Sorry about the broadband issues. I'll pop you a quick PM so I can assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 18 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi @-tony- 

There are three instances where a Hub can be requested and sent out. Two do generate new contracts. The three are: 

1. A customer has a faulty Hub and needs a replacement- no new contract.
  2. A customer signs up for a new deal which includes a Hub upgrade. A new contract is generated once that is activated. Monthly fees usually change.
  3. A customer calls to simply update their Hub but not their package. This does generate a new 12 month contract and a one time charge for the equipment but no monthly change in fees.

Out of the three no 1. is the usual way this happens, 2. the next most likely scenario and the 3rd rare but still requested now and then. TBH it's been utterly yonks since I've seen this myself.

Hope this helps!

Kaz

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 19 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@Kaz_A  - thanks Kaz - that was pretty much my understanding - your explanation dots all the i's and crosses the others stuff

the OP says the original hub was faulty hence no contract and no £30 fee - that assumes the user put that point to whoever and thats the reason the hub was changed

i accept its perfectly possible the user just asked for a replacement with no mention the hub was faulty in which case a charge and contract would have been generated

Tony
Aivisons
Joining in
Message 20 of 20
Flag for a moderator

It has been a week since tehnician came to check what is wrong.

So far everything is perfect and I had no issues. Pretty happy with the help I've got and things are sorted.

When I saw tiny women on my doorstep I was a bit sceptic but she got the things right in 20 minutes, I couldn't believe that.

Tested all the lines, and problem was in something called "autenation" tiny thing, not sure what it does, what she said someone plugged me into a wrong port in the box that sits on the street.

P.S. Yes, i just wanted to replace faulty router that I explained to customer support team. They said they don't do them hubs anymore and can't replace it so only option they gave me is this new version of hub. I did argue a lot that day, tried to figure out why i'm beeing charged and put on new contract if they equipment I've received worned out ( 6 years ). When I said if i can't get your service why should I pay, then things hit the next level- I felt like I'm the dumbest person in the Milky Way. I was about to hang up and quit Virgin but as a calm person and i do like my Virgin broadband I just gave up and said I'm not planning to leave Virgin anyway, set up that new contract and I won't starve because of £30. Then it didn't even work, thanks God it's fixed now. But yet my fight is not over with Virgin, my new SIM card that I took for my kid month ago isn't £9 but £18 on my new bill but on the papperwork it CLEARY is £9. So I can't fold my flag yet, gonna shaprpen my sword again and hit the sack.

Thanks for Your help everyone and good night !

0 Kudos