cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive lag spikes, rubber banding when playing Battlefield 2042

SamG01
On our wavelength

Hello

For the past three days I've had to reboot my Hub 4 every time I want to play Battlefield 2042. If I don't I get massive lag spikes, rubber banding and higher than normal latency.

I've also been playing World of Warcraft and that plays fine.

Once I reboot the Hub it is fine.

Any idea what could be causing this?

7 REPLIES 7

RedGooner
Super solver

BF2042 on PC has been fine for me.

Are you :-

Wired or Wireless on Gaming device ??

Hub in Router or Modem Mode ??

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS GT-AX6000 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?

NoGGy
Tuning in

I play BF5, Its unplayable. I am getting great speeds, but terrible latency issues, delayed packets and packet loss. Its horrible. The speed is consistent, 550mbps/50mbps, but my latency goes from circa 20 to 80, back to 15, back up to 150, down to 20...its horrific. The entire time I have that warning circle on when playing BFV. If I am playing SWOTR etc or any other game like an MMO, its less of an issue, but FPS is impossible to play. I am so annoyed. Only had this for 1 month and its terrible. I want to cancel. 

Hi @NoGGy 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear of any issues with the gaming. This would indicate a server issue I'm afraid and not something we can assist with. 

Should you wish to disconnect the account however, there are three ways to do so;

1) Call us on 150 / 0345 454 1111 option 4.
2) Whatsapp message on +447305 327 112
3) Write to us - Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Can you please explain how that's the case, when you can see hundreds of posts with people having the same issue? 

4ad7dcad918dd99cc2a02647f325e0b8a3d09211-22-01-2024.png

Hi NoGGy, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. I can see since posting, you have been contacted by the team and they have arranged an engineer visit for you. 

Please let us know how the visit goes. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs