Menu
ikrypticz
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Major ping, everything unplayable.. Please help!

Hi, I live in Surrey, I have the 300mb virgin gaming package & ever since Thursday night I’ve had major latency issues. I reset my hub Friday, nothing so we reset it to factory settings on Saturday, nothing again.. Then yesterday we called virgin, they checked the connection & found no issues so we tried 4 different devices with 3 different Ethernet cables & they all resulted in 500ms+ ping in EVERY game even on applications like discord! The people on the phone even sent us a data packet to clear anything in the pipeline but today it’s still the same.. I contacted virgins Twitter & they told me to do their online postcode check & there’s no issues aparently.. Please can someone help.. I’m getting lower ping on NA East & West then I do in Europe && I’m in the UK!! I don’t know what else to do.. I kinda want to leave to be honest. 

toms88
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: Major ping, everything unplayable.. Please help!

Same for me buddy! Im in KT15. Started Wednesday for me i think

I have a friend just down the road with the same issue, my VPN for work keeps dropping out too. Engineer came today said he fixed it, didnt believe it was area wide and left.

0 Kudos
toms88
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 32
Flag for a moderator

OK some news. I managed to get through to the 2nd line support on the phone and convinced him to escalate to the tier3 team.

Im getting over 1000ms ping response to www.microsoft.com and a friend on BT is getting 22ms. If i ping belgium.be i get 22ms so for me it seems issue going out of Europe. Battlefield 4 is unplayable, just get kicked before i even join. Im on the 200mb service and before wednesday everything was perfect, <20ms ping online.

To the OP: Are you speedtest results normal, ie download and ping? For me its perfect, downloading files is also fine, just gaming, VOIP and VPN.

EDIT: Not sure why this post was marked answered, this is far from it!

0 Kudos
ikrypticz
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Yeah it’s really weird I don’t know what the issue could be.. Even if you or someone else gets referred to a higher department it’s not gonna fix mine you know.. Hope they just sort it or help us sort it or something. Not sure 

0 Kudos
toms88
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Well im fairly certain its some sort of routing issue or something like that and if my ticket gets this fixed it will be fixed for you too im 99% (work in IT). Cant believe 3 people in close proximity get the same issues on the same date and it not be linked.

0 Kudos
ElectroGloop
Tuning in
Message 6 of 32
Flag for a moderator

I'm in the Surrey area and am having the exact same problems from about Wednesday.

1000+ ping  when gaming and VOIP calls are stuttering and delayed. Certain websites are also slow to load.

Pinging www.microsoft.com I always get 1000+ ms response.

Talked to support and they couldn't help because speedtest.net was displaying good download speeds.

Incredibly frustrating.

0 Kudos
ikrypticz
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Yeah that’s true, I really hope it does && if it does then thank you!! It’s seriously screwing me up, I play wagers & tournaments for money, that is my income. Not having playable ping literally can cost me my job, especially after 5 days of it! 

0 Kudos
ikrypticz
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 32
Flag for a moderator

So did they fix it though or? 

0 Kudos
ReviloBlake
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 32
Flag for a moderator

I have the same issue. I also live in Surrey. I'm on the phone with virgin (again) right now.

They keep resetting my wifi... I am trying to explain its a routing problem, but they don't understand!

1000ms+ pings to virgin.co.uk - lol

0 Kudos
ikrypticz
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 32
Flag for a moderator

They suck! Virgin is the best when it’s on but when it’s not they don’t have any kind of support for their customers it’s horrendous. I would swap if I could but it’s not my account lol I reallyyyyy hope they can sort it soon. I’m literally loosing money every minute I can’t compete..

0 Kudos