Menu
CursedLemon
Tuning in
Message 21 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Re: Latest Reponse from Virgin RE: .608

Update 26/10/18

Spoken to someone fairly high up in Virgin, explained the situation and she looked into it for a good while. Not tech-savvy but on her system it says full roll out of latest firmware expected by November 1st and offered a £40 good will gesture for the delay thus far. Again, taking the date with a pinch of salt but just relaying the information I've been told. 

SirDaVamp
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I've got an update too, called the cancellation depart. A nice lad talked to me, and he knew right away what I was talking about, he did say he used to work at the tech team before going there. He offered me £20 and, told me he would push the update, asked me to reset my modem (10minutes after he did the push) and wait for 1-2hrs. Let's see how it goes.
0 Kudos
Okkio
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Any updates? I just called in and for the first time ever someone acknowledged it and he talked to one of his colleagues that works at a different department, he said that he really has no information and my best bet would be to come to the forums. Closest ive ever gotten so far

0 Kudos
CursedLemon
Tuning in
Message 24 of 38
Flag for a moderator

@SirDaVamp

I take it you didn't receive the update as promised? November 1st now and still nothing for me, embarrassingly poor handling of this issue by Virgin.
0 Kudos
zarf2007
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 38
Flag for a moderator

@CursedLemon wrote:
@SirDaVamp

I take it you didn't receive the update as promised? November 1st now and still nothing for me, embarrassingly poor handling of this issue by Virgin.

Same here.

0 Kudos
Cheule
Up to speed
Message 26 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Same here.

I understand the need for a roll-out, however some are quoted as saying there's about 3% of customers still waiting for the update. If 97% already have it, why the delay?

To see how angry we get?

Vivid 350 - Superhub 3 modem mode --> RT-AC3200
0 Kudos
SirDaVamp
On our wavelength
Message 27 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Nothing here either.

Welp virgin had the most complains out of all the ISPs in 2018 . We shouldn't be surprised that we're getting screwed. 

0 Kudos
CursedLemon
Tuning in
Message 28 of 38
Flag for a moderator

In case anyone was considering getting a third-party router to help the issue I wouldn't bother;

4523245254.jpg

0 Kudos
Cheule
Up to speed
Message 29 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Already using a third party router ;-)

Vivid 350 - Superhub 3 modem mode --> RT-AC3200
0 Kudos
zia
Joining in
Message 30 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Suffering from exactly same issue was 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Latency/td-p/3861208

"Why oh why didn't i take the blue pill"........doh i meant why did bothering ringing for upgrade should have stuck with trusty SH2ac faultless for 4 years not even one issue

Ps how to post thinkbroad band graph non of the links. work on the forum for me

Zia

0 Kudos