Menu
CursedLemon
Tuning in
Message 1 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Latest Reponse from Virgin RE: .608

I received the following response from Virgin's complaint team this afternoon regarding the firmware issue;

Hello David, 

Thank you for your e-mail dated 2nd October 2018 concerning your experience with Virgin Media. We are sorry you have had to contact us.  We have tried to call you but have been unable to reach you by telephone.

From your e-mail we understand you are unhappy as you want Virgin Media to update the Superhub 3 to the latest firmware.

Just to confirm with you, the latest firmware is being trialled and not available for general release yet.  If you would like to show your interest and be considered for the trial please register with our forum team on-line at community.virginmedia.com.  

We would like to thank you for taking the time to get in touch.  We hope that the outcome detailed in this letter has provided the information and resolution required so we can look to resolve your complaint.  

If you have any further questions about the information or resolution provided please do not hesitate to contact us on 0345 600 0377 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm we will be happy to discuss your issues. 

If you are happy with the resolution and information provided or  we do not hear back from you before 12th November 2018 we will assume you no longer wish to pursue this issue and will close your complaint without any action being taken on your account. We look forward to hearing from you. 

Kind regards

Customer Complaints Team

Virgin Media

Unsure how a relatively straight forward firmware patch is still being trialed with no release date >2 years from its discovery but there you go. If there is a member of the forum staff that can add me to the trial I would be most grateful if you did so. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
cje85
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Re: Latest Reponse from Virgin RE: .608

That sounds like an outdated response as the majority of customers seem to have the update now and even VM say it's being rolled out on this page 

"Virgin Media are aware of issues related to the Puma 6 Chipset and firmware updates are currently being implemented'

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/vivid-gamer.html 

0 Kudos
zarf2007
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 38
Flag for a moderator

It’s been available for the majority of people for a while now. Of course I am one of the few that still doesn’t have it, unfortunately you will have to wait as the idiots in their call centres have no clue what you are talking about and no one can manually push it, great service for the money we are paying but VM could give a flying ****.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 38
Flag for a moderator

The chipset problem is not VM fault. Its the way they buried there head in the sand, once the issue was raised.

VM are a victim of inte'sl failure of a working chipset when they took over TI.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
CursedLemon
Tuning in
Message 5 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Got a follow up call from a nice lady at Virgin today. She said she's spoken to the head of the tech team and 97% of customers have had the .608 deployed with 3% still expecting, as far as when we will receive it she can't give an exact date but assures me it will be 'shortly'. The eternal wait continues. 

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I got mine as soon, as i plugged in my SH3, that was way back in June.

--
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
0 Kudos
zarf2007
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 38
Flag for a moderator

@RedGooner wrote:

The chipset problem is not VM fault. Its the way they buried there head in the sand, once the issue was raised.

VM are a victim of inte'sl failure of a working chipset when they took over TI.

yes, we are well aware of the chipset issue, we just want the firmware update which solves 90% of the problems.

0 Kudos
zarf2007
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 38
Flag for a moderator

@RedGooner wrote:

Yes thanks for that, the 3% of us that don't have the firmware feel really pleased that you mentioned it. How about you also let us know that you won £100m on the lottery as that will really cheer us up. In short, if you don't have anything useful to add, please be quiet.

RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 38
Flag for a moderator

@zarf2007 wrote:

@RedGooner wrote:

Yes thanks for that, the 3% of us that don't have the firmware feel really pleased that you mentioned it. How about you also let us know that you won £100m on the lottery as that will really cheer us up. In short, if you don't have anything useful to add, please be quiet.

I have loads to add, if some of it makes your life unhappy, i am even more happy to post it. Life is harsh, get over it.

I am happy with the .608 firmware.

--
spankthemunkey1
Up to speed
Message 10 of 38
Flag for a moderator

be careful what you wish for, my hub had the firmware update a little while age, nothing but issues with it, i kept saying there was an issue with the patch but everyone on the forum said no way. You would get answers from people saying if that was a problem with the patch thousands would be complaining, but there is a problem and the virgin tecks in india and members of virgin media themselves admitted there were issues with the patch hiding problems which people could not see. but i was slagged of for saying something that turned out to be true.

so i hope you get it sorted

0 Kudos