Menu
PhilRop
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Latency on SH3 - VM well aware but deny it !!!

Sick to death of ringing VM helpdesk for online gamimg lag with FIFA.  Been a customer since Virginmedia was formed but patience running thin now.  Had a 2nd SH3 installed a month ago same issue.

Today I have found out from this forum that the SH3 has latemcy issues (causing online gaming lag) and best option is change it out for the older SH2.......however VM wanted me to pay £5 extra per month to support the PS4 console ? 

I want my SH2 back or "I'm out"

0 Kudos
cje85
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Latency on SH3 - VM well aware but deny it !!!

The Intel Puma latency issue was largely resolved in a firmware update which has been rolled out over the last few months.

However there is a completely separate issue affecting the PS4. Try the advice in this topic which seems to have solved it for many people:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/FIX-FOR-PS4-LAG-SPIKES-WORKING-FOR-MANY/td-p/379...

0 Kudos
SonarUK
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

quick update -> official post for Wifi is here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/WiFi-Gaming/td-p/3839750

https://twitter.com/SeriousFamily

Vivid 350 | Hub 3 modem mode | Asus RT-AC86U (Stock-Firmware)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi PhilRop,

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection.

I have taken a look and your downstream power levels are too high. I would like to get an engineer out to take a look at this for you.

I will pop you a Pm to get this arranged. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope top right hand corner.

Speak to you soon.

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ThorpyD
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

As you seem to be reasonable could you potentially help me on the above too? I've tried calling Virgin Media a number of times and each time I get made aware that they've made some "changes" but it doesn't effect anything and they can't explain what changes have been made.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Remember VM are also a victim, as the chipset is not there fault.

But the way VM buried there head in the sand, when it was highlighted is there fault.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos