cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latency issues due to over utilisation

alfiebench
Tuning in

At the very start of lockdown I was with Virgin and had latency issues due to over utilisation in my area, when I informed Virgin Media of this issue I was given a fix date of sometime that same month. Fast forward months down the line there was still no change with various fix dates been and gone. At this point I decided enough was enough and switched to BT where I had 0 latency issues. 2 years had passed and I've recently moved house in the same area while keeping ownership of my previous home, I thought to myself surely they would have fixed the issue within the 2 year period I wasn't using Virgin. I called them up to double check there wasn't an over utilisation issue in the area and I could online game perfectly fine (due to gaming for a living this was important). I was informed there were no issues in the area so I decided to get the 1GB package in both homes that are streets apart. The following graphs are two different homes. I'm scratching my head wondering how they get away with advertising as being perfect for gaming when this has been the latency everyday for the past 3 years. I want to re-iterate this is the data from two different locations with separate IP's but all virgin will do is send out an engineer to check my router is working, funnily enough another fix date was for today as well. 

alfiebench_0-1645210497863.png

alfiebench_1-1645210516293.png

7 REPLIES 7

alfiebench
Tuning in
rang them again just to be told threes nothing wrong with my internet according to their tests zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yep, same issue im having. Say nothing wrong their end so cant be them.... and because the download and upload are fine theres no issue.

worse thing for me is they admitted they had an issue over 2 years ago and never fixed it and lied about it being fixed when selling me a contract

We see this too often.  But if you've searched the forum on the topic of over-utilisation you will know the drill for cancelling without penalty and getting compensation.

same here had a tech appointment last week he turned up stating he had found issue it was over utilisation at 98% said he had spoken to his are manager and that it was being raised told me i would be sent a email confirming details and a phone call from himself the following day i actually received none of these and have raised a complaint but saying all that the line has been this way for many years well over 7 of them but like a mug i keep staying speed isnt a issue its the horrid lag bouncing round warzone due to the latency which over the last few nights has been between 300ms to as high as 700ms but they claim no issues at all on my line a graph of my issuue free broadband

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/d7d54a636077971bb8730cc01a6040d2c217631f-18-02-2022

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi alfiebench,

Thank you for reaching out to us via the community. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with the service. 

We would need to check your account and investigate the issues causing this. 

In order to do this, we will just need to send you a private message to confirm some details. 

This message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

@nothappywithu wrote:

same here had a tech appointment last week he turned up stating he had found issue it was over utilisation at 98% said he had spoken to his are manager and that it was being raised told me i would be sent a email confirming details and a phone call from himself the following day i actually received none of these and have raised a complaint but saying all that the line has been this way for many years well over 7 of them but like a mug i keep staying speed isnt a issue its the horrid lag bouncing round warzone due to the latency which over the last few nights has been between 300ms to as high as 700ms but they claim no issues at all on my line a graph of my issuue free broadband

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/d7d54a636077971bb8730cc01a6040d2c217631f-18-02-2022

And as I said in your other thread, the 98% utilisation issue was just something the tech made up on the spot to shut you up so he or she could then get on to the next job. He never spoke to his manager, nothing was raised, no action plan was put in place; oh and your complaint will go nowhere!