Menu
stapesuk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Latency and packet loss issues

Wondered if anyone can help here, since joining virgin on the 350 package i have been having severe issues when online gaming, the game will just stutter and will often get speed up lag. i also notice this even just watching a you tube video on the laptop. i have raised a case with technical support but don't seem to be getting anywhere they just say it looks fine there end. 

i tried a 3rd part router XR500 and still get the same issues

attached is the BQM for today since i changed back to the hub 3.0 from modem mode. as you can see i'm getting huge lag spikes. i got someone else to check there BQM who use virgin and they don't get any lag spikes and just a consistent green line. so clearly something is wrong. Test.png

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Latency and packet loss issues

Your hub is on the old firmware you have to wait for it to get updated.

0 Kudos
stapesuk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

im on 9.1.116.608 pretty sure that is the latest version. also i get this with a 3rd party router XR500

0 Kudos
stapesuk
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Today's Graph, still having issues.

da3d3bfbcd8e51920126d84aee356f73c8bbd524-26-11-2018(1).png

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi stapesuk,

Thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your connection.

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. It may help to try the following so we can rule some things out:

Pop the hub into Modem Mode with the computer in Safe Mode with Networking at different times of the day.

Try on separate devices.

Check Ethernet cable. Make sure it is new / up to date. (Cat 5e or above).

Make sure device is capable of agreed speed.

Check wireless card slide.

Take care.

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
stapesuk
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Emma, i will run the broadband monitor while in modem mode and test the playstation and laptop later in week while in that mode. Cat7 cables are being used for Ethernet connected devices and this is not a wireless problem or a speed problem i get good speeds when running a test its a latency/lag issue.

out of interest how did you check your end when you don't have my account details and i am not the account holder?

Cheers

Thanks

Forum Team (Retired) Heather_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi stapesuk, 

Thanks for keeping in touch 🙂

We use the IP address of your connection to test the network, when you're posting are you using the network you'd like us to test?

Speak soon, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos