Menu
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired) Nat_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 11 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Latency and disconnects Battlefield 4 Windows 10.

Thanks for updating roughbeast,

Everything is spot on from this end.

How have things been for you since posting?

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
roughbeast
Up to speed
Message 12 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have updated or modified everything that might be affecting anything. Bios is up-to-date as are video drivers. I have had WTFast running, my router has the PC assigned as a gaming machine. The motherboard has a gaming mode, where it can divert all available resources into the game whilst overclocking to 3.5 GHz. Lagging still occurs with the occasional disconnect. This is a real puzzle, because latency to servers is rarely above 50ms.

I have noticed that most lag and kicks are on well-populated multi-player games. You could blame this on EA Servers, except this never happened before my Windows reinstall. Perhaps something has changed in Windows 10? The problem with that is, one of my sons also runs the same games on his own Windows 10 machine, with a lower spec than mine, but he has no trouble. Both machines are on ethernet and achieve the same low latency in speed tests. (11-14ms) Both machines consistently achieve down speeds of >385Mb and >21Mb up.

Services: 500Mb / 35Mb, TV V6 box X2, Phone XL Talk unlimited and mobile x4 Routers = SHub 3 in modem only mode with Asus RT-AC88U
0 Kudos
roughbeast
Up to speed
Message 13 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Still having problems. I have reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch. Deleted all files on my games drive.

My router QoS is set up for prioritising games. 

I have port forwarded for all Battlefield 4 ports, for the PC in question having given it a static ip.

I have also set a different DNS server than Virgin's default. I have Googles 8.8.8.8  as my first choice.

I still get occasional lag and get disconnected after about 25 minutes playing in multiplayer. I get better results if I choose a server with high ping, eg over 100  rather than those of 33 or less.  Is this a clue to what the problem might be?  I read somewhere that if you set the ping interval to 50000 for the server you are using then that eliminates the problem Trouble is,  I don't know how to do that.

Services: 500Mb / 35Mb, TV V6 box X2, Phone XL Talk unlimited and mobile x4 Routers = SHub 3 in modem only mode with Asus RT-AC88U
0 Kudos