cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lantancy

Tashanortheast
Tuning in

We have the 1gig broadband we run 4 xboxs not all at the same time but when playing any shooting games the lantancy and pocket loss spike very high games are very lagging sometimes unplayable please help its driving me mad 

35 REPLIES 35

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Are those xboxes connected by WiFi?  Try ethernet connections as a test. This will check if it's a WiFi problem or a broadband issue.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

They all were wired but now 3 are wireless and one wired that is like 2 foot away from the router they still do it 

Is the wired one any better than the WiFi?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Its still bad i think its a problem with the wifi ment to get 1 gig my wired only runs at 879 and my wireless runs about 160

The speed isn't so important. 160 Mbps is quite adequate.  It's the latency - ping times - that are critical and they will always be worse over WiFi. 

The basic VM Hub has poor WiFi and you might have to buy something better. But two things to try first.

1.  Play the game for a while on the ethernet connection and see if it's any better.

2.  Set up a free BQM test and post a Live Link to this thread.  After a day we can see what the broadband ping times are like.  https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

- jpeg1

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/5d3aa09869dedf30dd92977e404fd691a8...

My data from yesterday but no one really played the xboxs yesterday 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your BQM is showing packet loss. VM will need to fix this. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

When i ring vm they fob me off and dont fix anything its like talking to a brick wall sometimes 

You definitely need a technician visit to investigate and sort the packet loss.  Hopefully a staff member will pick up this thread and offer to help.  

- jpeg1