Menu
MSLOH5
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Lagging

Is anyone else having problems with lagging? I’m on vivid 200 with the hub 3. The kids are running 2 x Xbox one s and an PS4 and there all complaining about lagging, there all on WiFi and there getting on my nerves now lol. Must admit I’m a bit disappointed as when I was with BT I didn’t have any of these problems...

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lagging

There is bound to be some lagging with several game devices sharing the same WiFi. If any of those devices can be connected to the Hub they would work very much better.

It sounds like your WiFi needs some attention to improve its performance. If you look in the Broadband section of the forum you will see a number of posts at the top that should help you.

0 Kudos
AliasNeo
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

• Don't game via WiFi.
  • Especially if it's a SH3.
  • Use modem mode with your own router.

No amount of fiddling in the setting will improve anything unless you follow the steps above.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joseph90
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin have alot of jitter and their network this is why they are not good for gaming, don't be fooled by the speeds, virgin don't have a good connection quality which other isps do like bt, where you didn't have any problems. I'd strongly advise you to leave and go back to BT. Virgin are not good for gaming

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Joseph90.

Sorry if you feel that way about your connection. Is it wired or wireless? Have you tried rebooting your hub? You can try this link virg.in/BBtroubleshoot to troubleshoot your connection. Let us know how it goes.

Geraldine_C

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos