cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lagging internet

Tonymc41
On our wavelength

I’m am really fed up with the internet connection with virginmedia, this has been going on for months 

I’m paying £91 a month and having been getting the full service I’m at my wits end 

please help ty

13 REPLIES 13

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Tell us more about the problem.  What devices are you using and how are they connected to the Hub? Are you getting slow speeds or dropouts or both? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Tonymc41
On our wavelength
Hi ty for messaging there on Xbox and PlayStation in iPhone iPad and hueui fone, there getting both and my son on the play station Downloading a game it took 12 hours, not getting are right speeds and the speed test doesn’t recognise are router

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

This might be a problem with the broadband signal, or the WiFi. 

To check this can you connect the xbox to the Hub with an ethernet cable ?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Tonymc41,

Welcome back to our Community Forums. Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some ongoing speed issues with your connections!

Please let us know if this issue is showing up on wireless connections only, or on both wireless and wired connections?

As @jpeg1 suggested, how is your connection on your XBox when connected to the Hub via an Ethernet cable?

You can look into this issue by looking at what lights are showing on your Hub. To look into this further and to what the lights mean, please take a look at our WiFi Diagnostic page

I was able to locate your account on our system and I cannot see any area issues that could be causing this problem. After looking into this further and checking your power levels, I can see that they are all looking great and are within spec. 

I would advise you follow the advise I provided above, and monitor your connection for 24 hours. Then let us know if this issue is active on one or both types of connections and then we'll be able to look into this further for you. 

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi love was told to reboot my hub3 reset it I did it’s brought me back to wrong WiFi number on devices I had this problem at the start so the guys on the fone fixed it but was still getting internet lagging 

Thanks for coming back to us @Tonymc41.

Would you be able to look through the advice that my colleague gave?

Regards,

Steven_L

Tonymc41
On our wavelength

Hi wen I hit the we click here you have it’s telling me ur IP address not allowed 

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Tonymc41,

Would you be able to provide us with a screenshot of the error screen that is occuring when you try to follow this link?

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@Laurie_C

The link you posted in #7 doesn't work. 

- jpeg1