cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lag whilst gaming

leb2021
Joining in

I'm currently on the 350 wifi. Been with virgin for just over a month now and already experience bad problems when playing online games. Large lag spikes and a massive increase in ping. I live on my own so its generally only my laptop that will be using the WiFi whilst gaming so not due to other users. Used the app to test the WiFi in my bedroom and it says its great. How can I stop this?

13 REPLIES 13

I have tried wired and seen no improvement

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, leb2021,

Sorry to hear that you have been having connection issues. How has things been since your post?
I have run a remote diagnostic and have not been able to identify any issues with your connection.
We can also provide online broadband help here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/services-support/broadband
Let us know if you need any further help.

Cheers,
Corey C

Hi,

I'm still having the same problem, playing wired. There was some work being done on the broadband in my area so hoped it may improve but nothing yet

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @leb2021,

Thanks for getting back to us - thanks for trying via ethernet but sorry to hear you're still having issues.

I've just checked the account to run some further checks but it appears you are still affected by an area fault, the details of which are:

Fault Ref: F008572165   
Estimated Fix Time: 30th September 2021 at 13:00

Apologies for the disruption whilst this takes place and for the impact this has had on your gaming.

We hope to have this resolved ASAP - following this time please try rebooting all your equipment and monitoring the performance and drop back if any further assistance is required.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide