cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lag spikes,high ping & high jitter

liverpaul
On our wavelength

Hi,

recently my internet has been woeful for lag spikes and jitter. The speeds been fine but playing on a series x like Fifa or rocket league the high latency signs appear every game. Apparently we had some work done on our street but it seems since then it’s been awful for gaming. Usually my ping is now higher then 10 and my jitter never even hit 1.

The Xbox is wired into my own router and we haven’t changed any settings or added new devices. I’ve reset the router 6x ,power reset few times and still the same issues. My area code 51 shows no issue with broadband so I don’t get why it’s so bad.

7 REPLIES 7

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Liverpaul, thank you for reaching out].

I am sorry to hear you are having some connection issues.

I have taken a look and I can see there is a short-term connectivity Issue which is expected to last for 24 hours.

Please can you reach back out within 24 hours if it hasn't been improved. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Morning

it improved but is back to spiking again and making games unplayable. The speeds now have dropped below 100

Morning liverpaul,

What devices are you testing the speeds on and how running them, wired/wireless?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

liverpaul
On our wavelength

Morning

im using a wired series x that gives out 40ping plus and 2% packet loss sometimes.

iPhone 13 wireless and using the Speedtest app that shows 30 plus jitter and 40 odd ping.

both show the correct speeds and none of my equipment has been changed with settings. I’ve reset my router 3x since this issue and still nothing. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Post the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub. Also setup a BQM to monitor your circuit www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Pasaiklopa
Joining in

That is what I was looking for, what information, present here at this site!
If you truly need to say thank you ! We'd really appreciate and be thankful expecting you leave a decent report on the module page. This is the best procedure for guiding say thank you to this undertaking and sponsorship bundle.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Pasaiklopa, 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting. 

We just wanted to swing by and see if there is anything we can assist you with?

Please do get back in touch and we will be happy to help 🙂 

Thanks, 

Nat