Menu
MichaelD123
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Lag spikes and high ping

I have had the super hub 3 for a year now and it has always been quite laggy when I’m trying to play online games. I am always getting constant lag spikes and high ping whenever I try to play.

0 Kudos
RangerXx
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lag spikes and high ping

Me too. Using ping -t www.bbc.co.uk I got ping spikes as high as 430ms.

online gaming is really bad.

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ty_S
Moderator (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi MichaelD123

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues when playing online. Everything looks great when checking over your connection. Are you connected wired or wireless? What device are you using? 

It may be worth setting up a BQM graph that will pick up any latency issues and shed some light on this.

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Freyrune
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Ty_S wrote:

Hi MichaelD123

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues when playing online. Everything looks great when checking over your connection. Are you connected wired or wireless? What device are you using? 

It may be worth setting up a BQM graph that will pick up any latency issues and shed some light on this.

Speak soon 

"it's always looking great on your side"
That's what everyone said so far on the helpline, clearly there isn't since there has been countless of threads saying they are having problems.

Highlighted
MichaelD123
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I’m using a wireless connection, however I’m not really far from the Siper Hub 3 Box. It was starting to get better at the start of the year it was just occasional lag spikes, however I’m starting to see that the lag spikes are happening more frequently 

0 Kudos