cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lag slow ping on Xb1 series

toewad1
On our wavelength

Every game every night I get hammered on Xbox gaming expecially on Cod, the ping is at least 0.5 of a second behind which as gamers know is a big disadvantage, hardwired on 500meg, down and 30 up when I do a speedtest on xbox it's 6/7/800 meg, on my pc it's 500 meg, my contract finishes next month May 2022 if I can't sort it by then I'm off to B.T. fibre 1gig can't be any worse.

12 REPLIES 12

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi toewad1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community!

So sorry for any issues faced here.

From checking our service I can't seem to find any readings that would attribute to the issue, is this only happening on CoD or is it on most games you play?

Also what speed should you be receiving?

Thanks,

Kain

toewad1
On our wavelength

That's the problem you can't see a problem, unless you play on my Xbox and it's 4 months old so no problem with my box, I should be getting 500 meg but my Xbox says 800meg it's been well over that, I have just backed out of a game I was chasing a player put a full clip in his back he turned one shot me that can't be right and that is most games, my relation lives 500mtrs away from me has no problem gaming with Virgin, so what is it.

when you say your on "500meg but getting 800meg" are you sure you dont mean your ping is 800 milliseconds as milliseconds is what ping or latency is measured in normally Because if your getting 800Mb and paying for 500Mb thats a good thing for you

I noticed this too on xbox.

some sort of delay. I play wired.

I also play locally.

Seems like virgin are taking a different route with their traffic? I dont know.

toewad1
On our wavelength

No it does seem a bit weird but that's the speed, the ping is under 30 ms upload is 30 I'm on M500 not sure if it's Microsoft server's or VM but it's a waste of time playing.

Hi @toewad1

What COD game are you playing that you are having these lag issues?

Make sure that you have nothing downloaded in the background when you are playing. 

If you're playing Warzone, then there was some concerns that there was a frame rate issue which forced players to play Caldera at 60Hz. Is that something that might be affecting you and if so can you try reducing from 120Hz to see if this helps? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

toewad1
On our wavelength

All cod games I'm always a split second behind the opposite side.

Hi @toewad1, can you please advise me if you're connecting is over Wi-Fi or via a Cat 6 or above Ethernet cable?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn