Menu
Brocksey
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Lag on Xbox and ps4

Hi there past two days I’ve had issues lag on all games on Xbox you can be running on pubg fine then next minute it’s morphed me back to where I was I’ve reset modem reset my net gear Blackhawk still does it just used super hub on its own and does same I’ve cleared cache on Xbox reset and wiped it. I tried my PS4 on black ops same issue any ideas ? 

0 Kudos
Chriski89
Joining in
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lag on Xbox and ps4

Im getting this playing on PC, happening the past 2 nights, in Grimsby btw, I've tried everything including hard reset on the Hub 3 but still no luck.

0 Kudos
Brocksey
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I’m from Holton le Clay it’s getting ridiculous not checked my pc tbh but it’s gettin unbearable to game literally just jumping from place to place 

0 Kudos
Dru
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Also in Grimsby and been having the same problem since Monday evening, consistent packet loss with spikes high enough to drop me from VOIP and games. Had a graph running today that shows how consistent the packet loss has been.

2f147ff1ad72aad1e0b884f5c9d67af84940acb8

It's not granular enough to really do it justice, I've seen intermittent loss in VOIP as high as 50%!  I reset my modem (Superhub 2) multiple times yesterday to no avail, I'll probably reset it again tonight though I'm fairly sure the problems somewhere upstream. Would be great if someone could look into this as it seems to be affecting people in a similar area.

0 Kudos
Brocksey
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I noticed I had huge packet loss on Xbox 55% if it’s same tomorrow I’m gonna have to ring virgin Clearly there’s issues in Grimsby area all smart TVs work fine and tablets/phones 

0 Kudos
SonarUK
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Please login to the Modem with a browser - 192.168.0.1

1: Change the Wifi Name's for 2.4ghz and 5.0ghz (You can use the same passwords)
Advanced Settings -> Wireless -> Security

2. Tick Disable Channel Optimization -> Photo of router Wifi setup can be seen on the first post on this thread:
Advanced Settings -> Wireless -> Wireless Signal
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/FIX-FOR-PS4-LAG-SPIKES-WORKING-FOR-MANY/td-p/379...

3: Make sure the Devices are connecting to 2.4ghz if they are the other side of the house or upstairs. 5ghz if in the same room as modem.

https://twitter.com/SeriousFamily

Vivid 350 | Hub 3 modem mode | Asus RT-AC86U (Stock-Firmware)
0 Kudos
Brocksey
Joining in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Doesn’t work if anything it’s worse wireless I’m gonna have to get an engineer out 

0 Kudos
Chriski89
Joining in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I found the chanel optimisation tip last night and tried it to no avail. 

Anyone been able to get through to them yet?

I can ring for a few hours as at friends house right now. 

0 Kudos
Dru
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

This is definitely not useful in my case as the packet loss isn't occurring between the modem and local devices as my earlier graph clearly shows. Not to mention in my case all of my pc's are wired. I also spoke to my neighbour this morning who also has wired PC's and he's been experiencing the same packet loss, dropped VOIP calls etc.
0 Kudos
Chriski89
Joining in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hey Dru, have you managed to speak to virgin yet? Exactly same problems here, YouTube casts to TV with no problems at all but I can get through 1 minute playing an online game without a 10 second lag spike, also on wired PC. 

0 Kudos