Menu
Happee_Meal
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Lag in games, PS4

Hi, for the last few weeks I've been experiencing an increase in lag while playing games online, the games in question are GTSport and BFV on PS4.  This follows on from this exact same issue I reported earlier in the year, at that time I was told this was down to over utilisation in my area with a fix scheduled for May just gone.  Just recently however the lag issue has been getting worse.  

WIFI is not an issue as the problem persists whether the PS4 is connected via WIFI or Ethernet cable.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lag in games, PS4

I have not seen any lag on my PS4Pro on 5GHz Wifi, but then again, I am in modem mode.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Happee_Meal Unfortunately over utilisation issues can take time to resolve as they require extra capacity to be put in place for a particular area which is rarely a straightforward process.  Normally VM give out review dates rather than fix dates, so it is possible the issue in your area was up for review in May.  If that review shows insufficient progress has been made then a new review date is set.  Did VM provide you with a fault reference number for the issue?

Hopefully the forum team will be along in a few days and can confirm if the issue is still outstanding and if so what the next review date will be.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Happee_Meal
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sure,

Apparently this was due for a fix rather than review, this is what they said - "the ticket number for this is F006731991 and the fix time we currently have listed for the issue is 8/5/19"

Thanks

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Happee_Meal wrote:

Apparently this was due for a fix rather than review, this is what they said - "the ticket number for this is F006731991 and the fix time we currently have listed for the issue is 8/5/19"

It is not unheard of for staff to tell customers it is a fix date when it is a review date.  This could be a misunderstanding on their part rather than an attempt to deliberately mislead you. In all the years I have been on this forum it has always been review dates for over utilisation issues.  A few years ago these kind of issues were more common and I learned a lot about them via this forum.

Additionally any "fix" date should be an estimated fix date as things can take longer than necessary due to unforeseen circumstances.  If you ever seen any issues listed on the service status page they always have an estimated fix date / time.

I'm sure a member of the forum team will be able to check on the status of that ticket for you soon.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Happee_Meal,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear this. 

I have looked into this and the estimated fix date is 25/12/19.

^Martin

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Martin_N wrote:

Hi Happee_Meal,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear this. 

I have looked into this and the estimated fix date is 25/12/19.

@Martin_N Just to clarify, is this really listed on the VM systems as a "fix" date rather than a "review" date?  If it is then this would appear to be a change of policy with regard to over utilisation faults which have typically been given review dates in the past.

EDIT - Sorry, meant to say "estimated fix" date.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Apologies, yes that is the review date. 

^Martin