Menu
Londonjo
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lag in fifa 19/COD for the past week

Same problem here London N4 Finsbury Park, area code 15. Games like Black Ops 4, Battlefield 5 become unplayable online after 5 minutes. I bought new cat5e cable and using wired connection straight into superhub 2, still getting extreme packet loss, high ping, rubberbanding. Going on 2 weeks now. I have reset hub, makes no difference . Never had this problem, been with Virgin a long time . Please fix it.

0 Kudos
aolmessenger
Tuning in
Message 12 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I am seeing the same thing in Hackney E8 - it is making online games unplayable.

0 Kudos
stucla
Tuning in
Message 13 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Same here - N7.  Please sort it out!

0 Kudos
Fb19
Joining in
Message 14 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Same - N4, area 15 - even bought a new router to see if that was the problem (5G has been dropping a lot on SH2). 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
zeroZshadow
Joining in
Message 15 of 26
Flag for a moderator

A small update from my end.

I've changed my SH3 into modem mode, and hooked up a good router (Netgear XR500). This has removed the latency spikes, but has not made any improvements to the packetloss I am seeing in the games, and on my BQM as seen here https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/5569cff8f8ccb17dde023494e6496ceb72...

I've also tried rebooting the hub, moving it to a cooler place, and turned off most of my other network devices. None of these seem to have ANY impact on the issue.

I will try calling support again on wednesday, but sadly the last time I tried this I got a man that did nothing but ensure me everthing was fine and I'd just have to follow his wifi improvement tips (I'm not using wifi....)

0 Kudos
Londonjo
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I'm not using wifi either. And their status page is showing no problems in the area when multiple people are having problems in area 15 for about 10 days now.

0 Kudos
Jay429
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Yea area 15 live in tufnell park, n7 and games unplayable with lag spikes. Customer support chat is USELESS!!
Fuming..

0 Kudos
Londonjo
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Someone said they were told by a engineer that it will be fixed Tuesday , so hopefully that's going to happen.  

0 Kudos
holtend4life
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Oh right, as In tomorrow or next Tuesday? 

Sorry, utterly impatient haha!

0 Kudos
Londonjo
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 26
Flag for a moderator

2nd January, but then someone else was told the 4th when they contacted virgin. 

Main thing is they at least seem to acknowledge there is a area problem. Let's hope they fix it this week 😐

0 Kudos