Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Jackbox Games connection issues

Hi. I work for JackBox Games and we've had a few reports lately of people who have had issues connecting to our games from the UK and it seems that everyone having trouble is using Virgin Media for their internet service. Is there someone I can speak with to make sure there is nothing about our games being blocked by Virgin Media's service?

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Hyperlink removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Jackbox Games connection issues

Hi, we wouldnt block anyone's games.  The only time this would happen is if the customer has Childsafe turned on through their 'my.virginmedia' account.  This would then block adult sites and gaming/gambling sites.

Regards

Rich

Send Me a PM!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU ****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Is there a way to see if our games somehow made it on to that blocked list for Childsafe sites?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This seems like a spam post/plug for the site

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@evanjacover wrote:
Is there a way to see if our games somehow made it on to that blocked list for Childsafe sites?

https://www.blocked.org.uk/blocked-sites

Enter your site's URL at the site above and it will check if it is blocked by the parental filters used by the main UK ISPs, including VM.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos