Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Issues with XBoxLive since Tuesday 21st July

If anyone can help i'd be most appreciative.
I'm a PC gamer, Monday (and previously) I could connect to XBoxLive voice chat and online play in Forza Horizon 4 with zero issues.

Yesterday I couldn't connect to voice chat, and I couldn't stay connected to an online game in FH4 for more than 10 minutes before I was disconnected. This remains the case today.

i've gone through all of the hoops that Forza Support have thrown at, all the hoops that XboXlive support have thrown at me, and hit a brick wall at Virgin - as they all point to my ISP blocking something, probably Teredo.

All help gratefully received.

Thankyou.

---
This is not my signature. My signature is a near illegible scrawl.
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues with XBoxLive since Tuesday 21st July

yeah the same issue for me since Tuesday. The problem is Teredo as you can see on the xbox live app, but its gotta be virgin thats causing it as the Microsoft services are all up and working. I've also done everything you can possibly do but nothing works. The weird thing is that if you check teredo on xbox app sometimes it says its open NAt then sometimes blocked. I've got my own thread here which may have something you havent yet tried: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Can-t-connect-Teredo/m-p/4339558#M60516

tbh I don't have much failth it this place as a tech support service...

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks,

I've been through a few items (below) but the thing it's it's an intermittent fault, I can connect briefly and then I'm disconnected again. The longest I've stayed connected has been 10 minutes.

Spoiler

Here's my reply from ForzaSupport.

Spoiler
Here are some troubleshooting tips to help troubleshoot IPsec errors. Please also review the Multiplayer Connection Troubleshooting and for more information.

Make sure your router has up to date firmware.
  • To do this you may have to go to the manufacturers website to download the newest firmware.

Make sure your router is not using a Teredo filter
Make sure your router and firewall are not blocking any XboxLive service ports.
  • To learn about and troubleshoot this please visit
  • These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work:
    • Port 88 (UDP)
    • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 80 (TCP)
    • Port 500 (UDP)
    • Port 3544 (UDP)
    • Port 4500 (UDP)
    • Port 1026 (UDP and TCP)
  • You can also find information about opening ports on your router at the Port Forward website. This website lists commonly used ports for various apps and games, but if your router isn't listed or you need more help, contact your Internet service provider or router manufacturer.

Disable L2TP, PPTP, or IPSec pass-throughs on your router.
Check how to do this on the manufacturers website for your router.

Ask your ISP to turn on Dual Stack instead of DS Lite for your connection if possible.

Some IPSEC codes and what they mean:
0x8923203f - Turn off windows firewall and restart with default settings.
0x89232000 - https://windowsreport.com/forza-horizon-4-online-fix/
0x80600208 - Go into settings then network & Internet and click on change connections properties and check the box for private network.
0x801901F4 - Check for updates.
0x89232001 -
  • Exit the game completely
  • Then go into setting>network>network settings>advanced settings>alternate MAC address
  • Then clear it
  • Xbox will restart itself
  • After it restarts go into network settings and advanced settings again and go into ip settings and click automatic
  • Go into dns settings and select automatic
  • Go into alternate port selection and select automatic ..
  • Relaunch the game

If you are not able to play online or are still receiving errors after trying the steps provided, please contact official support for assistance.

XBOX: http://support.xbox.com
WINDOWS: https://support.microsoft.com

The support links to a virtual agent to assist you. If you would like to call a support agent type "phone support" in the virtual agent window. You'll be prompted to answer a couple questions about your issue, then directed to either get in the phone queue, or schedule a call.

Thank you,
S5 Flare

Now what I find interesting there is that they mention to Disable L2TP, PPTP, or IPSec pass-throughs on your router.
My superhub3 doesn't have ANYTHING like that for me to enable OR disable, the setting simply didn't exist. It apparently DOEs exist on older hubs (the v2 I think). When I asked about this on the phone I was told "we don't know anything about that you need to speak to a third party support that will charge you".

I've also tweeted at Virgin Media but they haven't replied. Feel free to signal boost.
https://twitter.com/NitebytesFM/status/1286354996448112645

---
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Not sure disabling those NAT Passthrough options are going to fix it. They've always been enabled, as well as other NAT Passthrough options, on my Asus router and they don't stop my consoles from getting an Open NAT on Xbox Live using VM broadband, whether I use manual port forwarding or UPnP.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

You could be right.

According to google it should be in the security > firewall settings

virgin-media-firewall-settings.png

However in my superhub, those options don't even appear, and the 'help' I got when asking about the settings was non-existant and palming me off to someone who would want paying.

superhub3.png

---
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Xbox Live Open NAT requires either a static IP and manual port forwarding for the Xbox, or if you have multiple Xboxes, you have to use UPnP to achieve an Open NAT on them all at the same time. Manual port forwarding can only be applied to one device. However, UPnP can be temperamental depending on how well it has been implemented in the firmware.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I wonder if there's a firmware update I can apply to my superhub 3 that may have an imprvement on upnp 😕

---
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

THis fix has worked for me, it involves editing the win group policy editor. I chose the french teredo server. Early days for me though could screw up again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrTOCuKDhFI

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Dang, I'm on Win10 Home I don't have GPEditor

[EDIT]

i've added GPEditor, made the changes, but I still get kicked off from  live sessions that I can connect to. I don't think it's anything on my PC, at this point I'm convinced it's either the superhub (which has now been replaced) or something that Virgin Media have done.

---
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'm suffering the same issues, started around the same time and the gpedit didn't work for me either (I'm on Win10 Pro so I did have gpedit).

Please Virgin Media, investigate and fix this!!