cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with PING spikes

Dean223
Tuning in

Hi guys, I'm getting constant ping spikes on my line and have been for around 3 years afaik. I've contacted previous however this hasn't led to a fix. Please help! Here's an image of the connection currently making using aa VPN for work or playing online games impossible.

1036f4b37400c8a135a812891cebe193a4060a5e.png

44 REPLIES 44

akashmash
On our wavelength

Looks identical to my graph tonight, games literally unplayable and I've been having this issue for months and months with no end. Promised an engineer visit twice, neither showed up once booked. Paying full price for a service which is unusable for me during peak times. 

Yeah this has been ongoing for  along while. i had an engineer out who basically said he had no idea what was causing it. Bit of a joke at this point. Nobody seems to know how to fix it or be willing to admit it's an issue.

Hi Dean223, 

Sorry to hear this. 

Can I please ask when the last engineer came out?

Gareth_L

It was around 4-5 months ago if i had to guess. I gave up asking for help in the end because nobody seemed to know what the issue was. I'd be happy to pick up where I left off last time if you're able to help? 

Thanks,

Dean

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to post your power levels and latest BQM. We can comment once done. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

My latest BQM is included, it's the same most nights. How would I locate the the power levels?

Hi @Dean223

Thank you for your response.

I have taken a look at things from our side and we haven't identified any known issues with the service.

Is it WiFi devices you are having issues with or does his affect hard wired also?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi, 

Thanks for getting back to me, it happens on both. Although I mainly use hardwired devices.

A common occurrence when I'm working from home is that I'll be playing an online game, I'll notice my ping spike quite high (hardwired) on an Xbox and PC.

At the same time my work laptop will show that it's having issues connecting to my VPN and will then eventually reconnect. It happens I'd say at least 4/7 days a week. There hasn't been a major drop in connection in the last 24 hours like the previous BQM shows however if you look at the past 24 hours you can see a drop and random spikes throughout the day.

Dean223_0-1652335964839.png

Dean223_0-1652392572592.png

Here's an image of my Ping spikes right now. It most commonly appears during the evening.