Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Issues in area 30

My internet connection for the last 24 hours has been intermittent, at best! 

As the internet cut off (again) at about 9pm tonight, I was not able to report this issue or book an engineer as this is when VM support close and cease to answer the phone to customers. 

The below image is a snapshot of the last 24 hours and the internet is still off at time of posting - I am using my mobile data to post this in the hope that somebody at VM can help me out or at least shed some light on what's going on.

I look forward to receiving some help, if not getting my broadband back up and running again.  When people are dependant more than ever on internet right now, you would hope that ISPs would try to get things right for their customers.  It seems we can all rely on VM to maintain their usual (poor) standards.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues in area 30

So my TV and internet were off completely until about 8:30am this morning.  Over 11 hours of no TV and internet - is that acceptable in times where we are more dependant than ever on being online to communicate with others and access information? I think not.

A call to the tech support script monkeys revealed they were as inept as ever, so I had to phone disconnections who don't need to follow scripts, thankfully!  They have arranged for en engineer to come out tomorrow, but I suspect this is a cabinet issue and localised to just a few households.  Hopefully the engineer can shed more light on this situation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Least this issue isn't just happening to me as I'm also in area 30 and since Tuesday evening my connection has been all over the place specially with high ping.

I got in touch with the support but still don't have any answers to what the issue is. Please keep us updated if you hear anything.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Markodinho29 wrote:

Least this issue isn't just happening to me as I'm also in area 30 and since Tuesday evening my connection has been all over the place specially with high ping.

I got in touch with the support but still don't have any answers to what the issue is. Please keep us updated if you hear anything.

After only a few hours, my TV and internet have both gone off again since about 2pm.  This is beyond a joke now.

If I pay for a service I expect to receive it.  So when I pay a full bill, is it not unreasonable for me to expect a full service? Anything less and I should be refunded, even if it's only for a few hours.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi hammic,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're having. 

I can see from our side you already have a technician booked in for this. 

Please do let us know how it goes. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So an engineer visited my property today and the signals on my downstream (-10dB at time of visit, but I saw it at -25dB in the last few days) were enough for them to immediately visit the cabinet.  The cabinet was locked before the engineer opened it to reveal many cables astray. including my own which was the cause of my fault - probably caused by the engineer who last opened the cabinet.  The VM equipment and wiring inside and directly outside my property were fault free.  Basically there was nothing on my part which had caused the fault. 

Virgin have flat out refused to reimburse me a single penny for this episode, even though I did not cause the fault.  They are saying because I was lucky enough to use the internet while it was intermittent, I should emphasise with them and regard this as a one-off.  Perhaps, but why should I pay for something I am partially receiving?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi hammic,

Good to hear this has been resolved, I appreciate that the intermittency has been frustrating, however this isn't something we would offer a loss of service credit for. 

If there is a complete loss of service over 48 hours you would be refunded.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos