The latency issue seemed to be OK for the last few days (although not a massive amount of use) that was until last night and we're back to how it was. I left it until about an hour ago when I tried and again and as before, as soon as I use it, it's a nightmare.
Here's the BQMs from the 24th and the last 24h. Most of the day it was in use on the the 24th, whereas the last 24h you can probably tell where I tried to use it.
I will call VM again in the New Year and check on if they are actually going to dig up my road in a crazy attempt to fix this.
Thanks for the suggestion Emma. I have previously has the router in Modem mode and this has made little, if no difference.
Just to haul this ticket back (like there are enough people with ping issues already). After my last visit I was told that there would have to be external works etc. etc.
I called VM last week to find out the status of this and aside from the fact they've changed the complaints number so I had to go via support again, they told me that my issues and my complaint were marked RESOLVED in December. Aside from it clearly not being the case they've also completely ignored my repeated requests on the phone to not mark as resolved and not to close the complaint/issue.
So it seems it's not just support and the onsite engineers who dismiss and ignore everything, but the one team I thought might actually help did exactly the same.
My complaint/closed issue cannot be reopened, so they've opened a new one and apparently linked all the only support issues etc. to this one.
Not sure when I will hear from them again, but I'm still having trouble 85% of the time the connection is in use.
Apologies first for dragging this one out of the depths once more but here we are some months on with everything as it was.
After some weeks of troubleshooting with John, having various engineers visit and then FINALLY being told that my issue was due to congestion (Fault No. F006984678) we can see that it was NOT.
I did protest. Stating the fact that the congestion issue had been found a mere 2 weeks before hand and my issues have been since December and I'd been "fobbed off" with this explanation before, but went with it. The resolution date was the 26th June and I have been on holiday up until last week when, low and behold, the internet is still crap (packet loss screenshot from PRTG below)
log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labeled - upstream - downstream