Menu
Highlighted
TikTak
Joining in
Message 11 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issue, SH3? Area? VM? Really don't know ...

Just to keep this barely alive.

The latency issue seemed to be OK for the last few days (although not a massive amount of use) that was until last night and we're back to how it was. I left it until about an hour ago when I tried and again and as before, as soon as I use it, it's a nightmare.

Here's the BQMs from the 24th and the last 24h. Most of the day it was in use on the the 24th, whereas the last 24h you can probably tell where I tried to use it.

VirginBB Latency Festive.png

I will call VM again in the New Year and check on if they are actually going to dig up my road in a crazy attempt to fix this.

HNY to you all!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 12 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi TikTak,

Thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your connection.

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. It may help to try the following so we can rule some things out:

Pop the hub into Modem Mode with the computer in Safe Mode with Networking at different times of the day.

Try on separate devices.

Check Ethernet cable. Make sure it is new / up to date. (Cat 5e or above).

Make sure device is capable of agreed speed.

Check wireless card slide.

Take care. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
TikTak
Joining in
Message 13 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the suggestion Emma. I have previously has the router in Modem mode and this has made little, if no difference.

Just to haul this ticket back (like there are enough people with ping issues already). After my last visit I was told that there would have to be external works etc. etc.

I called VM last week to find out the status of this and aside from the fact they've changed the complaints number so I had to go via support again, they told me that my issues and my complaint were marked RESOLVED in December. Aside from it clearly not being the case they've also completely ignored my repeated requests on the phone to not mark as resolved and not to close the complaint/issue.

So it seems it's not just support and the onsite engineers who dismiss and ignore everything, but the one team I thought might actually help did exactly the same.

My complaint/closed issue cannot be reopened, so they've opened a new one and apparently linked all the only support issues etc. to this one.

Not sure when I will hear from them again, but I'm still having trouble 85% of the time the connection is in use.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for providing that information to us TikTak

We are sorry for any confusion and disappointment in terms of the way previous complaints have been handled.

In terms of the new complaint which has been opened for you what have our team advised as the next steps in terms of moving forward with this?

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
TikTak
Joining in
Message 15 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Nothing really, the technician said to wait for them to contact me, which is what happened last time.

Although that was by post and did take almost 6 weeks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi TikTak,

Apologies for the delayed reply. 

I'll pop you a quick PM so I can get some details to assist you further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos