cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this acceptable?

piggo64
On our wavelength

Is this a bad result? My sons say that it is affecting their gaming.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/4e6c441097d927c985d51ee6f9253a758bb90d22-20-09-2022
My Broadband Ping - vm1gig_HUB5_ax50
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Yes - that level of packet loss (the intermittent red fringe across the top) will seriously impair gaming, and when it occurs would also harm other latency sensitive uses like video calls or live streaming.  Basically, the radio-frequency connection between your hub and VM's network has an intermittent noise problem, and when it is present then 3-5% of data is being corrupted and has to be re-requested.  For those sorts of uses mentioned, the re-requested data arrives too late to be useful, and that results in a very poor user experience.

That'll need VM to investigate and fix, but if phoning you will find that customer services agents have zero understanding of concepts like packet loss.  

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Yes - that level of packet loss (the intermittent red fringe across the top) will seriously impair gaming, and when it occurs would also harm other latency sensitive uses like video calls or live streaming.  Basically, the radio-frequency connection between your hub and VM's network has an intermittent noise problem, and when it is present then 3-5% of data is being corrupted and has to be re-requested.  For those sorts of uses mentioned, the re-requested data arrives too late to be useful, and that results in a very poor user experience.

That'll need VM to investigate and fix, but if phoning you will find that customer services agents have zero understanding of concepts like packet loss.  

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey piggo64, thank you for reaching out and sending this BQM over.

This is not great and we will need to run some in-depth tests together via PM.

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Had our technician visit, he replaced some of the isolators and the system worked well for about 12 hours.
Then the packet loss and latency slowly came back.
See BQM.
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/create/25ef92530c704b839921da03f2f...

Regards,
Jeff Lane

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
^ Your link got mangled
---------------------------------------------------------------

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Worse now we can see your BQM.
---------------------------------------------------------------

piggo64
On our wavelength
Any thoughts?

Hi folks,

I'm tagging onto this forum post in the hope someone can help me.

I attach my BQM taken this morning (27th September 2022) from my home in Newport Wales.

The latency to my eyes doesn't look good but hopefully someone can confirm there's an issue or if this a pretty normal looking graph.

Thanks in advance for replies and or suggestions if there's something wrong.

SteveScreenshot 2022-09-27 081933.jpg

Hey oram01, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some connection issues.

I have done some checks on my side and everything is looking fine and good.

The levels are all in green which is good, how has the connection been since posting this? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?