cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet was fine until an engineer came and changed something

CadeG
Joining in

We have recently changed to gig1 fibre and it was working fine until we ordered a wifi booster one of the new virgin hubs that you get with the gig1 fibre and ever since then it has been completely sideways i have gone from getting a 28 ping in game to 999 and not being able to move because it is freezing every few seconds 

Gig1 Fibre Monitor 

Here is a graph of what is going on and i should never be experiencing spikes like this its outrageous

6 REPLIES 6

CadeG
Joining in
[url=https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/e847ba71ce881af2527face3650244de8873c9b6][img]https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/thumb/e847ba71ce881af2527face3650244de8873c9b6.png[/img][/url]

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150

Post your power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and Network log from the Hub for comment.  Just copy and paste, do not use screenshots please.

Once done we can comment, but your BQM is not the greatest tbh.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi CadeG

Sorry to hear of the broadband issues experienced since changing to the Gig 1 service, thanks for taking the time to post on the forum and welcome to the community.

I've taken a look at your connection and equipment and everything is within the ranges and spec's we'd expect to see. Over the last 7 days we can see you have averaged speeds of 1131mbps to the Hub download and 50mbps upload.

The latency has averaged at 20ms with packet loss of 0.005%. there were disconnection last Wednesday and Thursday but there have been none since. You mentioned gaming, what device are you gaming on and over what connection? We'd always recommend wired where possible.

Does this happen on specific games? If so, is it every match or does it change from server to server?

Rob

Do you know where i can find this information?? 

is 20ms the best it is going to get around here? I play on a pc and i am through a wired connection already but i am never 20ms in game i am always 40-50 which seems odd if it is sitting at 20ms 

Thanks for your reply, CadeG,

This would be from our internal diagnostics. How has the connection been since your post? Is it only occurring with a specific game or on others?

Cheers,

Corey C