Menu
kaz13
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internet dropping out, Lag and latency issues, Games unplayable

Can anyone help, My son is the gamer, Has a gaming PC, Virgin router in modem mode and netgear wit ethernet wired to PC, The service is appalling, Every day it just drops out mid game, The lag and ping are impossible and if this continues I am going to have to switch providers because this has been an on and off problem for a long time, We've rebooted and changed the cable, Tried all the normal things but it's getting worse not better, Is this just a problem in my area, Over subscribed or over utilised. Can someone please help as I'm fed up with virgin saying no issues when it's obvious they do

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet dropping out, Lag and latency issues, Games unplayable

You need to post the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and Network log from the Hub.  Also setup a BQM here www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment on the state of your circuit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet dropping out, Lag and latency issues, Games unplayable

Hi kaz13 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you're having issues that's impacting your household especially your son's online gaming.  We've had a look from here and cannot find anything that may be causing your issues.  Have you had time to follow the advice from Adduxi? 

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos