cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub3 logging

cw1ntev
On our wavelength

Hi,

I've seen a few people posting extracts from their Hub3 logs. I only leveraged a hub3 out of VM a month or two ago, I was familiar with the logs in the older generation hubs but actually cannot see any likely route to view or manage the logs on the current Hub.

Did they remove it or what did I miss?

This is relevant just now as my son said there was a dropout of the wifi around 10am while he service via my own router off an Ethernet wire was fine all the time. I'm on my own router and so did not even notice it.

My router (MikroTik) has excellent logging which I route to my laptop logger service. VM hubs have always seems weak on logging options. Now I find nothing at all. Do I need to know or guess the URL ?

3 REPLIES 3

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @cw1ntev,

Welcome back to the forums! 

In order to access network logs for your Hub3 here are some instructions:

1. Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 if you are in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

2. When the page appears click ‘Check Router Status’ 

3. When the page appears, log in (using the details on the hub) and then go to Advanced Settings > Tools > Network Status.

This is where you will find the Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network logs. If ever you need help deciphering them, I'd recommend copy and pasting them here on forums (as opposed to prtsc/screenshotting). 

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

cw1ntev
On our wavelength
Hi,
Thanks. Actually what I had missed is that there is a link to "Check router status" right on the pre-login screen at 192.168.0.1, the basic config and Network lots are available there, super easy! My son pointed it out and then your posting confirms the same - thanks!

Hi @cw1ntev

No problem and I'm glad to hear you found it easily. 

Please don't hesitate to comment back if you need any further assistance.