Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4

I was contacted by the Virgin Media call centre. They offered me the Hub 4 to replace my Hub 3 and told me i was to go onto the Gig1 speed.

I get my new router, install it, activate the connection. still only M200 speed.

i check my account and it is still saying i am on the 200Mb speed?

did she blag me when she said i was getting an upgrade?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4

They're not giving away the 1 Gbps as a free upgrade, so unless you knowingly agreed to take on a new contract at a higher price, you're still on 200 Mbps.  If you did agree to this then it can take a couple of days for the configuration file to be pushed out to you.  

The Hub 4 enables 1 Gbps speeds if you want to upgrade and that may have been what was meant, but is also being pushed in some areas as a means of reducing network congestion because it makes better use of the available capacity.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As I have not incurred any costs for this upgrade to hub 4 I cannot kick off with them too much.

I specifically asked about the speed on several occasions with the lady who assured me it would be the Gig1 upgrade for free. I wouldn't have gone ahead with changing the hub if there was no real benefit, the amount of passwords I have had to change since getting this thing is unreal and I knew that. That was the reluctance to change when she first phoned me.

Now I have this new hub, which I don't like due to the heat this thing gives off - god knows what it will be like after it has been left on for a month. I might try to wangle some better speed out of VM, i can only try.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You might want to check in My Virgin Media to make sure that your contract hasn't been changed.  From time to time we see examples where this has happened without the knowledge and agreement of the customer.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos