Menu
mrpauljames
Tuning in
Message 2541 of 4,479
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 / Compal CH7465-LG (TG2492LG) and CGNV4 Latency Cause

Well people were right, I did get a superhub 3, which is not massively helpful. The superhub 2 ac I got from a friend could not be activated, which was also not massively helpful.

Fortunately, I got a call from Tristan's cover today and he's sending me out a superhub 2 ac for delivery on Tuesday. Yay.

It took over 3 hours of calling in total, and being passed through multiple reps (BTW VM - If you're going to put someone on hold while you check with your manager, do not just transfer them through to freaking india, **bleep**s).

Hopefully on Tuesday I will be all good to go!

0 Kudos
LdGallifryan
Up to speed
Message 2542 of 4,479
Flag for a moderator

How do you get through to that guy?

I want a superhub 2ac..

Or I am leaving VM as I am sick of the **bleep**ty service.

I don't give a **bleep** about speed I want quality...

I am a gamer and I am on a gamer package. . If I am traffic managed as I was told on the phone.. that is against the contract. So is the whole Gamer Package that is not being sold to me since the gamer package came out. So breach of contract.
0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ty_S
Moderator (Retired)
Message 2543 of 4,479
Flag for a moderator

@LdGallifryan @mrpauljames Can we please keep this thread clean or it will be locked. It's not something we want to do as the community have contributed a lot to it. 

Thanks 

• Threatening or rude language is not tolerated.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Highlighted
LdGallifryan
Up to speed
Message 2544 of 4,479
Flag for a moderator

We want to know what Virgin Media is doing about the situation as we feel that we are bring Duped by the company that we have been loyal to for years most of us that is the case!. For me since 1997.

And for me it is personal hate for VM as I have gone day and night trying to do your dirty work. All I see if VM just sending us Engineers and Replacement same hubs. .

I mean you as a company should offer us all the previous hub. Or the ability to buy our own modem to link to our accounts if we wish to so we can resolve the issue ourselves.

As your hub is clearly not up to the job.
(We want to be in on the know of what VM is doing about it)
mrpauljames
Tuning in
Message 2545 of 4,479
Flag for a moderator

@Ty_S

When the "support" on the phone actually do that, instead of passing around the phone call when they can't / don't want to deal with the call, without warning, then I will be calm. I don't know if you work for VM but the way you're treating your customers is disgusting.

And you're right, this is something the community has contributed A LOT to, so tell me, when is VM actually going to contribute and give us some answers as to what the hell is going on?

I've manged to speak to two helpful employees over the last 3 phone calls, each lasting over an hour in duration. At least 10-15 people on those calls. I pay a lot of money for my service, and I shouldn't have to do the following:

1. Provide my information and explain my situation every damn time i get transferred.
2. Justify my issues and explain what is a well known issue on this forum and around the web to your employees when it's an issue with hardware you supply.
3. Put up with being passed around on the calls all the time.
4. Take the initiative to find out the issues myself, find the correct person to speak to myself, find extra equipment myself, diagnose the issue and find the appropriate solution. MYSELF.

So to be brutally honest, I feel I'm justified not keeping it clean considering the quality of service I've received from VM.

And I'll repeat my last question, but I don't expect a response;

When will we receive an official response or update to this issue, which is effecting a lot of people, regarding Virgin Media's faulty hardware, which has been outstanding for over 2 years now?

Adduxi
Super solver
Message 2546 of 4,479
Flag for a moderator

@chriswheeler wrote:

Virgin Media has a duty to make sure what ever they are rolling out to customers works, they have not done that and have just rolled out a faulty product without any testing.

Incorrect.  All hubs are subject to testing, both internally and by a selection of users on this Forum. 

How VM deal with bug reports is up to them, but they are tested, I can assure you.

0 Kudos
LdGallifryan
Up to speed
Message 2547 of 4,479
Flag for a moderator

If that is correct they tested these hubs since they had access to change the software that makes it there's. Inturn that is VM''s responsibility in doing there upmost to rectify the issues.

But for over 2 years!
Poet Flapping now this as well.

Not only the issues and issues on top, that are noted in this Thread, it is sick that this has been going on for so long.

I recently had a Engineer Visit I had to show him this thread and he was unaware of the issues, but he ha's been replacing these hubs for so many people with the same issues.

He said that he was only a RF checker and installer of there products. "Only a Network Engineerwould know about the issue".

So my question how comes we cannot use equipment that we can buy.. like a modem of our choosing to sort the issue.

As the engineer told me that it is near impossible to have these SH2AC in there vans as they are phasing and replacing them.

When they come to your homes and a engineer sees a SH2 or SH2AC they will rip it out and change it for the SH3.0.
0 Kudos
ShadowOfDeth69
Dialled in
Message 2548 of 4,479
Flag for a moderator

This is EXACTLY what happens when the powers that be do not communicate or even remotely acknowledge their customers concerns. They get angry and rightfully so.

You can't just threaten to lock a thread with thousands of replies because of a few heated posts. Just keep censoring the swearing, if you really have to, and move along. People are **bleep** and have every right to vent. Come on.

Now. Any updates on the new firmware yet? I can't find anything online!
0 Kudos
Adduxi
Super solver
Message 2549 of 4,479
Flag for a moderator

The new firmware is in closed testing at present and trialist's have been requested not to discuss in this Forum. 

0 Kudos
ShadowOfDeth69
Dialled in
Message 2550 of 4,479
Flag for a moderator

Aw. There was a guy posting the other day with it but totally skated over the specific gaming questions while answering others.
0 Kudos