Menu
shanematthews
Problem sorter
Message 1731 of 4,479
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 / Compal CH7465-LG (TG2492LG) and CGNV4 Latency Cause

@boltedenergy wrote:

This forum thread started on ‎02 December 2016. It has been 298 days or 9 months, 24 days since then.

There's still no sign of a firmware fix to be provided by VM.

Surely 298 days is enough time to arrange new hardware/apply the existing firmware fixes/change policy to allow other modems/anything else

What say you VM - will this be fixed and when exactly?? 

Answers only accepted from people speaking directly on VM's behalf ,so that should exclude a certain someone who comments on everyone's post.

I expect to hear silence if that is the case VM would silently be confirming there is no plan to implement a fix at present and anyone on the Gamer package should be able to get compensation for a reduced service.

p.s. only 173 pages of complaints so far, does it need to hit 200+ before a proper official comment?

You won't get an official response, i mean you already knew that making this post, you mention allowing other modems, which regardless of the timescale is NOT happening so you're not going to get a response on that, and you're partially right, its likely that work on the hub4 is coming to its end phase, not that you'll get a public answer to that until the device has been tested, although thats assuming the puma7 discovery didn't cause them to have to scrap the version they were working on and start the process from scratch, at which point we might be waiting for a while Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
jaywii94
Joining in
Message 1732 of 4,479
Flag for a moderator

Wow just signed up to VM as my BT speeds where disgusting, Now having the same issues as all the above, 
If i put my VM hub 3 into modem mode and use my BT router would that fix the issue?
Cant game at all due to huge rubber banding and lag spiking and getting withdrawal symptoms.

Again speaking to VM staff has offered no help quite disgusted and after finding a 173 page forum thread with no response has put me of even more.
If anyone know anything that could slightly help i would appreciate the advice,

Many thanks

0 Kudos
WildWayz
Up to speed
Message 1733 of 4,479
Flag for a moderator

@jaywii94 wrote:

Wow just signed up to VM as my BT speeds where disgusting, Now having the same issues as all the above, 
If i put my VM hub 3 into modem mode and use my BT router would that fix the issue?
Cant game at all due to huge rubber banding and lag spiking and getting withdrawal symptoms.

Again speaking to VM staff has offered no help quite disgusted and after finding a 173 page forum thread with no response has put me of even more.
If anyone know anything that could slightly help i would appreciate the advice,

Many thanks

Unfortunately, putting the SH3 into modem mode etc won't fix it. Only way is to try to get Virgin to drop you to a 200mbit package and send you a SH2AC, which (made up percentage, but based on what people have said) there is a 90% chance that won't happen. 

If you have JUST signed up, cancel your contract within the cooling off period unless they send you an SH2AC 

Darkman
Superfast
Message 1734 of 4,479
Flag for a moderator

@jaywii94 wrote:

If anyone know anything that could slightly help i would appreciate the advice

No. Your options are to get hold of a SuperHub 2ac (read the posts linked below), or cancel your contract and go back to BT, or twiddle your thumbs until VM release the (Super)Hub 4 and hope it doesn't have a Puma 7 chipset in it (or that Intel has learned from the Puma 6 fiasco).

Message 1512

Message 1540

Message 1541

Message 1668

SH 2ac, 200Mb BB; V6 TiVo, Full House TV; M Phone just to call VM
jaywii94
Joining in
Message 1735 of 4,479
Flag for a moderator

Wow that is not the answer i hoped for tbh,
What are my chances of getting the Hub2?
Also how long is a calling of period im only been a VM customer 2 weeks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
JJC1138
On our wavelength
Message 1736 of 4,479
Flag for a moderator

@jaywii94 wrote:

Also how long is a calling of period im only been a VM customer 2 weeks

It's 14 days from when the equipment was delivered and the service started so you might just inside if you're lucky.

0 Kudos
FranMa
On our wavelength
Message 1737 of 4,479
Flag for a moderator

I can't believe I am back on this forum, it is my worst nightmare! After being a Virgin Media customer for 8 years I started to experience multiple issues with my connection. After many, many months of complaints and multiple threats opened in this forum, Virgin recognised that there were high utilisation issues and agreed to upgrade the exchange at some point in the following year (this was around 2014), by that time I was near the end of my contract and changed to BT Infinity. Since then I have honestly had 3 years of being the happiest gamer on earth, after a year of  absolute hell with Virgin. I have had no issues whatsoever and cannot praise enough BT Infinity for gaming, it is just absolutely fantastic. Unfortunately, I am moving home and the new house is too far from the cabinet so BT can only offer ADSL, so I have to go back to Virgin, the engineer is coming on Saturday. As a gamer I have bumped into this threat. They are saying that they do not offer the Hub 2AC as they do not have it on stock. Here is my plan and wanted to hear your views: I have bought a second hand Hub 2AC from ebay, so I am going to ask the engineer to use that to setup the connection. If they cannot use a second hand Hub 2AC or provide a new one then I am not sure if cancelling and get ADSL, which I had it with fastpath before and it is better than having spikes and packet loss with Virgin. 

0 Kudos
FranMa
On our wavelength
Message 1738 of 4,479
Flag for a moderator

I can't believe I am back on this forum, it is my worst nightmare! After being a Virgin Media customer for 8 years I started to experience multiple issues with my connection. After many, many months of complaints and multiple threats opened in this forum, Virgin recognised that there were high utilisation issues and agreed to upgrade the exchange at some point in the following year (this was around 2014), by that time I was near the end of my contract and changed to BT Infinity. Since then I have honestly had 3 years of being the happiest gamer on earth, after a year of  absolute hell with Virgin. I have had no issues whatsoever and cannot praise enough BT Infinity for gaming, it is just absolutely fantastic. Unfortunately, I am moving home and the new house is too far from the cabinet so BT can only offer ADSL, so I have to go back to Virgin, the engineer is coming on Saturday. As a gamer I have bumped into this threat. They are saying that they do not offer the Hub 2AC as they do not have it on stock. Here is my plan and wanted to hear your views: I have bought a second hand Hub 2AC from ebay, so I am going to ask the engineer to use that to setup the connection. If they cannot use a second hand Hub 2AC or provide a new one then I am not sure if cancelling and get ADSL, which I had it with fastpath before and it is better than having spikes and packet loss with Virgin. 

0 Kudos
FranMa
On our wavelength
Message 1739 of 4,479
Flag for a moderator

I can't believe I am back on this forum, it is my worst nightmare! After being a Virgin Media customer for 8 years I started to experience multiple issues with my connection. After many, many months of complaints and multiple threats opened in this forum, Virgin recognised that there were high utilisation issues and agreed to upgrade the exchange at some point in the following year (this was around 2014), by that time I was near the end of my contract and changed to BT fibre. Since then I have honestly had 3 years of being the happiest gamer on earth, after a year of  absolute hell with Virgin. I have had no issues whatsoever and cannot praise enough BT fibre for gaming, it is just absolutely fantastic. Unfortunately, I am moving home and the new house is too far from the cabinet so BT can only offer ADSL, so I have to go back to Virgin, the engineer is coming on Saturday. As a gamer I have bumped into this threat. They are saying that they do not offer the Hub 2AC as they do not have it on stock. Here is my plan and wanted to hear your views: I have bought a second hand Hub 2AC, so I am going to ask the engineer to use that to setup the connection. If they cannot use a second hand Hub 2AC or provide a new one then I am not sure if cancelling and get ADSL, which I had it with fastpath before and it is better than having spikes and packet loss with Virgin. 

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Problem sorter
Message 1740 of 4,479
Flag for a moderator

@FranMa wrote:

I can't believe I am back on this forum, it is my worst nightmare! After being a Virgin Media customer for 8 years I started to experience multiple issues with my connection. After many, many months of complaints and multiple threats opened in this forum, Virgin recognised that there were high utilisation issues and agreed to upgrade the exchange at some point in the following year (this was around 2014), by that time I was near the end of my contract and changed to BT fibre. Since then I have honestly had 3 years of being the happiest gamer on earth, after a year of  absolute hell with Virgin. I have had no issues whatsoever and cannot praise enough BT fibre for gaming, it is just absolutely fantastic. Unfortunately, I am moving home and the new house is too far from the cabinet so BT can only offer ADSL, so I have to go back to Virgin, the engineer is coming on Saturday. As a gamer I have bumped into this threat. They are saying that they do not offer the Hub 2AC as they do not have it on stock. Here is my plan and wanted to hear your views: I have bought a second hand Hub 2AC, so I am going to ask the engineer to use that to setup the connection. If they cannot use a second hand Hub 2AC or provide a new one then I am not sure if cancelling and get ADSL, which I had it with fastpath before and it is better than having spikes and packet loss with Virgin. 

Its unlikely the engineer will install a hub2 you just happen to have laying around, although you might get lucky, but at that stage i'm not sure what VM's policy is regarding you refusing to let them install the service you ordered from them, also on a random note technically speaking that hub2 you have is stolen property as all the hardware is owned by VM and its not legal to sell something you don't own, although they are unlikely to charge you with anything it might be used as a reason for not installing it

0 Kudos