cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Serious is this problem?

shona_moat
Tuning in

can someone please explain the problem of these charts and how its effecting my ping spikes when gamming 4545.png7821.png25721.png

Thankyou s_m

3 REPLIES 3

jem101
Superstar

The second one’s not brilliant, but overall they are not atypical for a DOCSIS connection.

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

I'd say those BQM show a connection that is ssip poor.  My connection is good without being brilliant, and here's a typical day:

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 200 Mbps

I must admit I selected a good day, even so your should be something like this.  I suggest you pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here as TEXT not screenshots.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.   Then we can check for any obvious problems with power, noise or error counts.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @shona_moat,

Thanks for taking the time to post your issue on our forums.

I have been able to locate your account and can see that you have an issues with your downstream power levels that need to be adjusted by an engineer visit.

I can book the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.

Regards,

Steven_L