Menu
96fauj
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Higher Ping and Packet Loss in Heroes of Newerth

Since last Thursday/Friday I'm getting consistently higher ping and packet loss which I assume are contributing to the lag and spikes in-game. 

My area had an issue on the weekend which was supposed to have been fixed but doesn't seem to have resolved my issue. 

Please advise what I should do, is it a call to tech support?

I have the SH3 - Modem Mode - Wired Connection to my computer. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Higher Ping and Packet Loss in Heroes of Newerth

Hey 96fauj,

Are you still having the same issue with higher ping and packet loss whilst playing Heroes of Newerth? 

If you are we can look into this further by taking a few details from you..

Thanks

Steven_L   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
96fauj
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My lag spikes seem to have gone but my ping is still pretty high. In the past my ping to european servers is usually around 30-50. Now its sitting on around 80-100.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi 96fauj,

Thank you for coming back to us, are you still experiencing high ping or has this now been resolved?

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
cje85
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Laura96 wrote:

It's the Puma 6 chipset in your Home Hub 3, they want to pretend their latest firmware patch "improved" it but it didn't the best advice people have given me is to go to Bt or any other good ISP. They don't care about Gamers apparently latency/reliabilty isn't part of there package. Even on the gamer 300 package. 

So why did it only start last Thursday/Friday? If it was a Puma related problem it would have always been evident. THe firmware released over a year ago made a huge difference and resolved the Puma problem. For that reason no one even mentions it anymore, apart from you.

There is no Gamer 300 package.

0 Kudos
96fauj
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@cje85 - I feel like I should chime in here and clarify that I haven't really been monitoring my ping. I haven't really gamed for a while but I've always remembered pinging around 30-40 to European servers, especially servers from netherlands/germany. So my problem may have actually been there much before Thurs/Fri but I only started paying attention/noticing it when the lag spikes came around and then connected the two. 

0 Kudos